I HAVE PROOF...But I need help to show it...

pookeylou

My sides have almost completely filled in from the SURGE...I have some new pics posted already...

But I need help to put an old pic and a new pic together to do a side by side comparison shot...DOES ANYONE...know anything about Paintshop Pro...or any type of picture software...to guide me on how to do this...

IN LESS THAN 21 DAYS... <font color="red"> I HAVE GROWTH!</font>

Somebody...please help me...I WILL HAVE A STROKE IF I CANNOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!!!

Pookeylou, I can actually see it when I look at your previous pictures. Keep it up girl. Your hair is looking good. It is so thick.

Thank you so much...I am still working hard in paint shop...to get the two pics side by side...I think I almost have it...BEFORE THE END OF THE DAY....IF IT KILLS ME...I will have a side by side shot of the difference....

Congrats Pookeylou! Sorry but I can't help you w/the cutting and pasting of the pictures. I actually tried last night myself and it was a disaster. A lot of cutting and no pasting!
computer.gif
lol! Let me know if you figure it out.

Your hair looks good!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I need help to put an old pic and a new pic together to do a side by side comparison shot..

[/ QUOTE ]

I use the software that came free with my computer. I think it's MS Picture It... I would make a collage with a plain white background and paste the two pictures on it and save it as a jpg for the Internet.
smile.gif

I was trying to enter the password, but it keeps telling me that I entered the wrong password. Is the space supposed to be entered between the two words?

The password for the Transitioning album is:

In Transition

Type it just like you see it...with space and with capital letters...

However, the new growth pics are in the "1-11-04 2 months naptural" album.

I DID IT...I GOT A SIDE BY SIDE SHOT...tell me what you think...

You can use Powerpoint (if you have Microsoft Office a.k.a Word, Excel, then you should have this application installed). You can create a blank presentation and choose a layout that allows you to put your pictures side by side. Hope that helps.

Gurl, I jus wanna say thank you for posting those pictures showing your sides. I've been using surge for 15 days now and was a bit let down that I didn't see no results yet. But you pictures are so encouraging. I have a problem with my temple area, which I believe is a family thang cause all the women in my family have this same problem with the exception of two. So now I'll just keep using surge and hopefully one day soon, I'll have the same results that you did. Keep growing Pookeylou
grin.gif

pookylou, i'm telling you, youre the naturals postergirl--your gonna make everyone want to grab a pair of scissors and just start chopping their hair because of your pics --just beautiful
smile.gif
--jainygirl

THANK YA'LL....so much for stopping by...giving direction...I have the one side by side pic and I am DANCING IN MY CHAIR (to Chritina Milian's new song "Dip It Low"...nice hot little tune)...

Surge is my new AMEX card...WONT LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT!!!!

This stuff lives up to it's claim girls...dont let me find the shampoo AND conditioner...I AM TELLING YOU... <font color="blue"> I WILL BE SITTING ON MY HAIR BY THE 4TH OF JULY </font>. If you are waiting on the bandwagon to go a few miles before you jump on...THE TRAIN IS LEAVING THE STATION... GET ON NOW!!!!!

Thanks for all the encouragement and positvity...ya'll have created a bright spot in the world...you have left it better than when you found it...just by leaving kind words in a girls album...I need a tissue.

Side by side photos:

Photoshop (although it may be quite the same in any other program)

1. Open these three things: "new picture", "before picture", "after picture". Make the height and width of the "new picture" larger than your may need.

2. Use the selection tool to copy the before picture. Click "Copy".

3. Go to you new picture and select the past option and then select the move option and fit the picture in with enough room for the after picture.

4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 with the after picture.

5. Crop your new picture to get rid of the white space

6. Save and upload your file and voila!

If it is too confusing, I will do it for you if you send me the files (my email address is in my profile page)

[ QUOTE ]
Boadicea said:
Side by side photos:

Photoshop (although it may be quite the same in any other program)

1. Open these three things: "new picture", "before picture", "after picture". Make the height and width of the "new picture" larger than your may need.

2. Use the selection tool to copy the before picture. Click "Copy".

3. Go to you new picture and select the past option and then select the move option and fit the picture in with enough room for the after picture.

4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 with the after picture.

5. Crop your new picture to get rid of the white space

6. Save and upload your file and voila!

If it is too confusing, I will do it for you if you send me the files (my email address is in my profile page)

[/ QUOTE ]

WHERE WERE YOU AT 2:06 am THIS MORNING!?!?!?!??! AUUGGGGHHHH!!!

I got one set of side by side pics together...I plan to print out your instructions and do more! THANS BOADICEA!!!!

Thanks Chica!!! It's not too often you pick up something for $5.99 and it actually does what it says its supposed to do!

[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:

Surge is my new AMEX card...WONT LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT!!!!

...THE TRAIN IS LEAVING THE STATION... GET ON NOW!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
Okay - I may have to borrow this expression if I find something I like as much as you like Surge. You are too cute.....
grin.gif

Oh my goodness,pookeylou. I posted a pic in my album concerning my sides that are BALD. I have been using SURGE for this area and I will surely post pics of my comparisons,too. What an inspiration
trampoline.gif

All right now...I am thinking Surge should pay me for the advertising I am doing...

I have spent the last couple of hours following up on all the lovely comments you dear people have left me in my album...Thank ya'll.

DONT SLEEP ON THE SURGE...I am telling yall...be at Sally's tomorrow WHEN THE DOORS OPEN!!!

I have GOT to find out if they make a conditioner!!

Pookeylou:

What exactly does your Surge Regimen consist of. I mean, there are 3 products in the line that I know of, which ones are you using and how? TIA
look.gif

[ QUOTE ]
diva4life said:
Pookeylou:

What exactly does your Surge Regimen consist of. I mean, there are 3 products in the line that I know of, which ones are you using and how? TIA
look.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have only found the spray...I am on the hunt now for the conditioner (I dont even know for sure if they make it...I could just be holuccinating)...

Here is what I do...

I conditioner wash my hair...always with an humectant type
I spritz leave in conditioner with Rosemary oil added
I then put my hair in Bantu knots (see transition album)
I then spritz my scalp with Surge spray...
I cover my hair for the night...with a conditioner infused scarf (found at Salley's for $1.99)

The next morning...I spritz again before I take them down...or if I am not going anywhere that morning...I recover my hair.

I pay close attention to the areas that were thin...sides and forehead...but I do spritz it ALL OVER...

hth

Pookeylou,

I looked far and wide for the products here and finally found them at an Asian BSS. Sally's did not even have them but the BSS I went to had the full 3-product line. There's the spray and the Woojee Cream, which claims to restore moisture and balance(?) and the Lotion Motion, an oil for hair and body. I have all 3 of course, being the pj that I am. When I got them home, I did a very nice hot oil treatment with the LotionMotion, which I topped off with Breathru deep conditioner before sitting under the dryer. After rinsing, I sprayed on the Revitalizer spray for my combout. The results were really good so I posted a pic, "surgehair" in my album. But www.surgehair.com will tell you more about each product in the line.

Girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlllllllllllllllllll...I am on my way to that ALBUM NOW!!!!!!!

eta: Ok...ok....I am having trouble speaking right now....I think I just had a minor stroke...

YOUR HAIR IS ON POINT!!!!!! IT LOOKS GREAT...WITHOUT THE SURGE...you are going to be out of control if you keep using that...

As a matter of fact...

You need to put that stuff away...RIGHT NOW!!!! At least for a few months...dang...give me a little bit of a chance to catch up...Jiminy Crickets!!!!
cool.gif

your hair is beautiful! I can really tell the difference in the side by side photos. Wow, seems surge is turning out to be something I might have to pay attention to! Not to mention you are definately a member of my natural and fierce club! I swear, before I found this board, I never thought so much about how damn good natural could look! or relaxed for that matter...

Go Pookey it's your Birthday! I'm so happy for you! That surge is really working for you! I can see the difference I was waiting to use my surge but I'm going to be on it like white on rice I'm getting my hair braided tommorrow so I can start my surge regime right away Thank! you! for sharing seeing is believing!
dance7.gif

Pookeylou, girl your natural hair is the bomb. Take a good look because your hair grew all over your head. When I looked at the first picture you can see the headband you are wearing. In the second picture alot more hair cover the headband. I definitely see the fullness in the hairline too. Soon you will be sitting on your hair!

I wish I had taken a before picture to show my proof too. Because I got results like that after only a few days of use. I mean, I could see my temple area getting darker. And I was planning on transitioning, but my hair is really thick. Surge is making me not consider it. My hair isn't shedding so much so my hair not only looks but feels thicker. I'm at 24 weeks post-relaxer tomorrow and I will be looking for the instructions on this board for perming half the hair at a time. Surge is absolutely amazing. They need to sponsor this board.

[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:

eta: Ok...ok....I am having trouble speaking right now....I think I just had a minor stroke...

YOUR HAIR IS ON POINT!!!!!! IT LOOKS GREAT...WITHOUT THE SURGE...you are going to be out of control if you keep using that...

As a matter of fact...

You need to put that stuff away...RIGHT NOW!!!! At least for a few months...dang...give me a little bit of a chance to catch up...Jiminy Crickets!!!!
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Pookeylou:

Ahem, uh, were you speaking to me? If so, thank you Dahling, your natural tresses look marvelous as well. I can't wait to post more progress pix. I just know you'll keep us posted as well. Ciao for now!
drunk.gif

Thanks so much for the LOVE!!! (quietly...I think that has helped my hair grow too!!
smile.gif
)

@Godzooki: Thanks so much for the kind words...DONT SLEEP ON THE SURGE! Going natural was a big decision for me...because I believed for a long time (like a lot of people do) that natural hair wont grow...boy was I wrong...
Hey...I dont mind eating my words though...even before the Surge...my hair was getting in great shape...but the Surge....is putting me over the top!!!

@ Prettyblac: Thanks girl...for checking out the album and your encouragement. Braids are PERFECT for Surge...cause you are going to be able to spray it right on your scalp and hairline every morning and night...with no problem.... Except for one... If Surge starts making your hair grow...as fast as it is doing mine...you are going to get tired of shelling out money...to get your hair braided so often...cause the new growth is going to come out WAY faster than you want it to...but if you are going to keep it in braids...and keep using the Surge...then the GROWTH is going to be phenominal...
Oh well...WHAT A HAPPY PROBLEM!!!
laugh.gif

@ LThomas: Thank you too...my hair grew quite a bit during my transition...and a lot more since my Big Chop...
My hair is finally paying me back in a good way...for treating it right!

Happy Surging!!!

[ QUOTE ]
GodMadeMePretty said:
I wish I had taken a before picture to show my proof too. Because I got results like that after only a few days of use. I mean, I could see my temple area getting darker. And I was planning on transitioning, but my hair is really thick. Surge is making me not consider it. My hair isn't shedding so much so my hair not only looks but feels thicker. I'm at 24 weeks post-relaxer tomorrow and I will be looking for the instructions on this board for perming half the hair at a time. Surge is absolutely amazing. They need to sponsor this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to see more results as well...you can still keep a picture journal of your hair from here on out...I for one would love to see if there are some of us getting 1 inch per month...

I think I am going to measure my hair...in the top of my head with a ruler...and then take another picture one month later...and see if there is a difference...
IF I GET AN INCH OR MORE IN ONE MONTH FROM SURGE...YA'LL GOING TO HAVE TO STOP ME FROM DRINKIN SURGE!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
diva4life said:
[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:

As a matter of fact...

cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Pookeylou:

Ahem, uh, were you speaking to me? If so, thank you Dahling, your natural tresses look marvelous as well. I can't wait to post more progress pix. I just know you'll keep us posted as well. Ciao for now!
drunk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...you were the one Diva!!!
smile.gif
YOU DONT NEED SURGE...Give us newbies a chance to catch up!! Dont start using Surge until NEXT YEAR!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back