I have no idea what I just did! I think I texlax my hair! pics included

smwrigh3

so after debating with my self over and over again.. I decide to self relax my 14 week post relaxer hair instead of continuing to stretch..

I wanted video on youtube.. practiced with conditioner .. THE WHOLE NINE.. AND WHEN THE TIME CAME 2 DO IT .. I CHOCKED.. I was sooo scared AND i couldn't see! :ohwell: so I called in my mother (THANK GOD I'M HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS) and she did the back. What I forgot what was that when my mother use to relax my hair she did so from root to tip (EVERY SINGLE TIME!:blush:) so when I told her that wasn't right and I didn't want her to she was like.. wait.. your not supposed too...:nono:. OH YEA.. BACK TO ME.. :lachen:

SO when I did the front I literally let it chill for like 5 whole minutes and washed it out.. :drunk: I don't know if it was right or not but I was about to lose all my progress from over processing! :look:
SO THE BACK IS STR8.. THE EDGES ARE "wavy" AND THE CENTER.. WELL U CAN SEE FOR YOUR SELF.. LOL... I don't care whether my hair is bone str8 or not.. AND IF THIS IS TEXLAXED CONSIDER ME CONVERTED! :lachen::lachen: I LOVE IT!
But I do wanna make sure I didn't do any damaged.

SO here are the pics so far I still in the process I have my replenishing pak in my hair now.. so more pics to come! I will post after I air dry and flat iron..

Eta: the first pic is a texture shot... second is AFTER relaxing"ish" and Third is BEFORE.. Fouth is another texture shot!

Attachments

• SDC11329.JPG
    SDC11329.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 189
  • SDC11331.JPG
    SDC11331.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 192
  • SDC11321.JPG
    SDC11321.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 151
  • SDC11328.JPG
    SDC11328.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 166
so after debating with my self over and over again.. I decide to self relax my 14 week post relaxer hair instead of continuing to stretch..

I wanted video on youtube.. practiced with conditioner .. THE WHOLE NINE.. AND WHEN THE TIME CAME 2 DO IT .. I CHOCKED.. I was sooo scared AND i couldn't see! :ohwell: so I called in my mother (THANK GOD I'M HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS) and she did the back. What I forgot what was that when my mother use to relax my hair she did so from root to tip (EVERY SINGLE TIME!:blush:) so when I told her that wasn't right and I didn't want her to she was like.. wait.. your not supposed too...:nono:. OH YEA.. BACK TO ME.. :lachen:

SO when I did the front I literally let it chill for like 5 whole minutes and washed it out.. :drunk: I don't know if it was right or not but I was about to lose all my progress from over processing! :look:
SO THE BACK IS STR8.. THE EDGES ARE "wavy" AND THE CENTER.. WELL U CAN SEE FOR YOUR SELF.. LOL... I don't care whether my hair is bone str8 or not.. AND IF THIS IS TEXLAXED CONSIDER ME CONVERTED! :lachen::lachen: I LOVE IT!
But I do wanna make sure I didn't do any damaged.

SO here are the pics so far I still in the process I have my replenishing pak in my hair now.. so more pics to come! I will post after I air dry and flat iron..

Eta: the first pic is a texture shot... second is AFTER relaxing"ish" and Third is BEFORE.. Fouth is another texture shot!

Looks like beautiful texlaxed hair to me!:grin:

I'm not texlaxed, but at least here's a response. :)

I've had my hair processed to that degree before. I liked it at the time, but not in the long run.

I don't think you did any damage at all. I think it is safe to say it is unlikely your hair would be harmed by overprocessing from just 5 minutes, unless your roots were bleached and weak or something, etc. which they don't appear to be, unless you've done some covering up. :grin:

So yes, I think it's fine to say you texlaxed and didn't do any damage in the process. Have fun enjoying your hair. :)

Looks like beautiful texlaxed hair to me!:grin:

YAY.. I keep playin with it! off.. to learn more out texlaxin! :grin:

I've had my hair processed to that degree before. I liked it at the time, but not in the long run.

I don't think you did any damage at all. I think it is safe to say it is unlikely your hair would be harmed by overprocessing from just 5 minutes, unless your roots were bleached and weak or something, etc. which they don't appear to be, unless you've done some covering up. :grin:

So yes, I think it's fine to say you texlaxed and didn't do any damage in the process. Have fun enjoying your hair. :)

Thanks I am paranoid.. I am tryin to make APL and I don't want any problems! :spinning:.. :blush:BLEACH NEVER! :lachen: thanks! for all ur help!

I'm a transitioning texlaxer (10 mos. post) and have enjoyed my texlaxedness (is that a word? :lachen:)
Do you plan to keep on texlaxing?
Remember to keep a good moisture-protein balance, and don't be too rough with it.:yep:

I'm a transitioning texlaxer (10 mos. post) and have enjoyed my texlaxedness (is that a word? :lachen:)
Do you plan to keep on texlaxing?
Remember to keep a good moisture-protein balance, and don't be too rough with it.:yep:

I talked to my cousin(who is a stylist) and told her about my hair and how I loved my new growth texture and my relaxer hair.. she told me about.. I did mean to do it so soon.. but I am definitely gonna keep doing it.. I am so in love.. lol.. what does it mean to transition in to txtlaxed.. is it similar to a transition natural?

thanks every1 ... I am looking into transitioning..if anyone knows a good thread about transition to texlex can u bump it or PM me! thanks... texlexers keep it coming! LOL

ITA with the bolded. You'll find what degree of processing works for you in time, it's kinda too soon to have a true opinion. To keep from passing out due to shock when self relaxing, I usually part out each section of hair so I don't have to deal with sectioning while applying the relaxer. That takes alot of stress out of the process.

Your texture looks very similar to mine and the texlax looks beautiful. I thought about texlaxing instead of relaxing "bone straight" (which doesn't even look all that straight), but I was afraid with my texture it might not get that pretty, wavy look that you got. But seeing your pictures, you have me considering transitioning to texlaxed again! :look: Have you let it airdry yet? Does it still look like that when it dries?

Looks like a new healthy texlaxed head of hair...lol. I don't think you did any damage though.

Your texture looks very similar to mine and the texlax looks beautiful. I thought about texlaxing instead of relaxing "bone straight" (which doesn't even look all that straight), but I was afraid with my texture it might not get that pretty, wavy look that you got. But seeing your pictures, you have me considering transitioning to texlaxed again! :look: Have you let it airdry yet? Does it still look like that when it dries?

Yes I air dried and plat iron so my roots are a lil str8. But I only did that so I can starting pics for my challenges. I will post those pics when I get back home (out of twn for the 25-27th) and then when I co-wash on Wednesday before my sew-in i will post again!

Back