I have hennalucent on my hair right now!

MissMusic

Its the Ardell Hennalucent neutral choice because I want to try the conditioning effects before I make a color change (I want jet black, shiny hair next time). So, this stuff seriously stinks, lol....... I can deal if it turns out awesome. I've only had it in for ten minutes so far, but my curl pattern is currently looking like 3b/c when I am really a 4a/b, I find that interesting. I can't show pictures because I'm on a couple of hide my hair challenges, but I will describe the results to you guy's. Boy this stuff stinks....be back with updates later!

I read that henna loosens your curl pattern and I am proof of it. It loosened my greatly when I used it last week. I have more defined curls....I love it...And yeah henna doesn't smell the best but I can deal because it had wonderful results for me.

Definitely let me know how it goes. I'm interested in trying the clear for conditioning and shine. Doesn't it take a while to do henna?

I am officially a Henna convert. I'm going to buy Henna and indigo from mehandi.com. I loosened up my curl and left me hair feeling very soft. It may stink to high heaven, but I can deal every 6-8 weeks!

I've only used the neutral and it did not stink at all. I did not smell anything but the other ingredients I'd added in (yogurt and oil).

Keep in mind that she's using hennalucent and not the Henna that everyone else is talking about. The formula has changed twice in the past four years so if you didn't like it then, you may like it now. I used to use the colors bark brown and ebony. I could never find clear, though. I always thought that it smelled weird. Please let us know your result.

Could you give us (me) some more detail on how you used this? Did you apply to wet or dry hair? Did you use a plastic cap and heat? Did you mix it with water only or did you add anything to it (oils, conditioners)? I have a box of this and I am debating giving it a try soon. Thanks!

["tnorenbergThat didn't take very long. Do you thing it's a good tool to help stretch relaxers?"

I don't know much anything about relaxers, but since it loosened my curl pattern a little, it might!

"BioGeekChicIs hennalucent different from cassia or are they the same?"

I'm pretty sure that cassia is different. The hennalucent is henna that is already mixed, so all you have to do is add hot water.
"DCBrownCould you give us (me) some more detail on how you used this? Did you apply to wet or dry hair? Did you use a plastic cap and heat? Did you mix it with water only or did you add anything to it (oils, conditioners)? I have a box of this and I am debating giving it a try soon. Thanks!"

I applied it to dry hair, and it says not to use a cap or anything, so I didn't. I put about a tablespoon of EVOO in it before adding the water, that could have had an effect.

"Serenity_PeaceBumping for answers. Is hennalucent good for the hair like henna? What's the difference between hennalucent and cassia?"

Hennalucent is advertised as a conditioning product, so it is probably somewaht along the same lines as cassia because its the conditioning part of henna without the color (at least the neutral one I used). I don't really know if that answers your question, but that's all I know.

Ladies here is the website: http://www.sacredbeauty.com/ardell_hennalucent.html

I got it from sallys, but next time I'm gonna get real henna either online or from an Indian store. I'll do another write up and compare then. I'm sorry it took so long for me to reply to your posts!

Last edited:
Bumping for answers. Is hennalucent good for the hair like henna? What's the difference between hennalucent and cassia?

Hennalucent has different ingredients in it like protein, and others. Cassia is all on its own.

Hennalucent is also much easier to rinse out, in my opinion. I think Hennalucent is conditioning, but it is not as good as cassia and henna mixes I've done.

Hennalucent (neutral) is the truth.
It's the SECOND application that softens new growth and makes the hair incredibly strong and elastic. Hennalucent might be just enough protein to prevent breakage and thinning as my hair grows long again. My hair is fine and 4b.

I mixed the hennalucent with hot water and with olive oil.
I followed the second application with Keracare Humecto to deep condition with heat.

Back