I have hair a dilemma

NOEChic

I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong.
HELP, I have a hair dilemma!!!!!!

it is about to get REAL cold here, and i am trying to stop wearing my hair in a ponytail when i go to sleep. Last night i put my hair in two sloppy:lachen:frenchbraids, and when I took my hair down this morning, ALL my curls were gone, and my hair was sticking straight up in my ponytail. So then that led me to have to wet my hair to get some semblance of a curl. But, I don't want to have to wet my hair EVERY morning. I was thinking about wetting my hair at night and then braiding it up, and hopefully it will have some sort of curl, but i am trying Ayurveda products, i don't want to "rinse" out all the good nutrients. What am I to do?:wallbash:

Last edited:
I guess it's a question of what's more important...can you do twists?
single strand twist?

I can do those, do you suggest that i do that on the weekend and wear the twist during the week?

The only thing that is stopping me from being really creative is that i am in the military and i am limited to my hair styles

Hey, when I use S Curl spray on my hair and braid it and baggy, I still get my curl definition when I comb my hair out. I am sure if you sleep in a baggy, no matter what product you use in your hair, the wetness from the baggy will help define your curls when you undo your hair. As long as you undo it before it dries.

Now if you want to show length, let it dry a little and you should have a bigger puffier ponytail.

What I love w/ using S Curl and baggying is you may not need to apply anymore until wash day. Just plait at night baggy and enjoy curl definition in the AM.

Hey, when I use S Curl spray on my hair and braid it and baggy, I still get my curl definition when I comb my hair out. I am sure if you sleep in a baggy, no matter what product you use in your hair, the wetness from the baggy will help define your curls when you undo your hair. As long as you undo it before it dries.

Now if you want to show length, let it dry a little and you should have a bigger puffier ponytail.

What I love w/ using S Curl and baggying is you may not need to apply anymore until wash day. Just plait at night baggy and enjoy curl definition in the AM.
when you baggy, you take like a shower cap and put on your head?

when you baggy, you take like a shower cap and put on your head?

Exactly!

Or I take Saran wrap from the kitchen and wrap my head completely. Or a take a plastic bag from the grocery store and put it over my head tying the handles like you would a bandana to make it stay and seal in moisture.

Exactly!

Or I take Saran wrap from the kitchen and wrap my head completely. Or a take a plastic bag from the grocery store and put it over my head tying the handles like you would a bandana to make it stay and seal in moisture.
do your hair ever dry completely using this method?

My hair doesn't stay wet after I take the cap off, but is stays moist w/o being sticky or dripping. It also stays soft. Best of all, I don't leave oil marks on furniture or walls when I lean on them. I only need apply S Curl on wash day on damp hair and later before bed time without wetting my hair again, if necessary. Otherwise my hair stays moisturized for days as long as I baggy every night. I have been baggying every night since the 80's when I had a jheri curl.

Back