I have got a major problem on my hands. I need an intervention NOW! PLEASE!!!

nadine1977canada

My mom got her hair done as well. My mom is a natural redhead, with 3b/3c Hair. She has gray hair and needs to color her hair. When we went to the hair salon, my mom got a texturelaxer in her hair. Her hair is very fagile and thin. The lady then decided to not to do a weave on mom's hair. Instead, the stylist glued extensions on her hair and said to mom to come back 1 week later to get it taken off. She mentioned that when putting oil the glue "dissolve" and the extension falls off.

Mom didnt like the idea of going back to the stylist and she poured oil on hair and kept it under a plastic cap. She noticed that her extension fell of and her hair was still attached to the glue. So now she went from shoulder lenght natural hair to Halle berry short.

I tried to convince mom to go to the stylist to get the extension taken out, but she didnt want to cause she claimed stylist would get arrogant. So now, I convince her to take care of her hair under a good LHCF regiment. Any advice? Her hair currently snaps off, she needs protein. So i plan to put her on the basic plan. DC 2x week ( 1 protein light & 1DC with almond oil) , moisturize and seal with oil. Any tips for mom? I post my mom's case in the threads as well. I need whatever tip i can get. Im thinking also of doing Henna on her hair instead of regular hair coloring.

I would suggest your mom stay away from heat and to air dry her hair. Also, your mom should definitely wear protective hair styles and low manipulation.

HTH! :)

OMG.. what a horror!! ok first you need to get her to start deep conditioning with moisturizing conditioners twice a week, protein every 2 or 4 weeks, and daily moisturizing. with time and patience every thing will be fine.

p.s. since her hair is halle berry short, maybe she should have it shaped/cut like that until it grows out.

I am so sick of hearing about these stylists who keep screwing their clients' heads up! :mad: WTF? I agree with Denim and Leather about the low manipulation styles, though. I sure your mom will find a solution from all of the knowledgeable ladies on this board.;)

That's awful! :(

I agree w/ the previous posters. In addition, Amla Oil strengthens hair (at least, mine). BAQ Henna is outstanding and should be a great option for her.

Back