I have given up trying to wear my hair straight

laurend

The last time I tried straightening my hair I got frustrated and vowed not to do again until I found a professional who can work with my hair. I'm not good at working with hair period and then add the thickness and length of my hair was too much. I started to tear through it, so no more until I find someone who won't rip it out or put too much heat on it. It took 12 hours from henna to detangling to straightening. I know a lot of you will say keep trying but there are some of us who aren't proficient or as skilled as others here and I'm one of them. I live a fitness lifestyle so straight hair isn't practical for me, so practicing on straightening is a waste of time. I won't go to a stylist because my hair is very heat sensitive and I've been through the trauma of losing my hair to it in 1997. I've asked BMP to do it, so in the spring I might fly out to New York for her to do it. I'm just going to live vicariously through you ladies.:grin:

It seems I can never get mine as straight as it was when I went to the shop even when I'm using 350 degree heat. I also don't straighten but a few times of year. I workout almost everyday so it would be useless. I have a couple days off from working out this week though so I decided to straighten.

Yeah I know, when your life evolves around fitness, it's hard to wear straight styles. I've don't like my life to evolve around my hair and I think too many AA women let it take over.

Have you tried roller setting? I have been having a lot of success with them, lately. My Instyler gets my hair strait and if I want it bone strait, I just roller set it over night.

i feel your pain laurend...i blew my hair out last night and was going to flat iron it until i realized that i will be going to gym again this week...my hair looked like a woolly mammouth after i blew it out so i ended up wearing it in two pigtails all day...i prefer my natural curls but these single strand knots are undermining my progress...

Back