I have definitely underestimated EVOO

ScandalousBeauty

I have definitely underestimated EVOO...read before washing your hair!!

Yesterday, my head was BONE dry. It scared me cuz it hasn't been this dry before. Also Thanks to MTG I have some serious new growth just a month after my last relaxer! Anyway, I applied Mango Butter and it just wasn't helping. I figured, I'll just deep condition and rollerset it.

I deep conditioned with 10 en 1, then did a co-wash with Humectress. I then used Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a rinse. I gave my head a quick massage and rinsed lightly. There was still EVOO in my hair, although I sort of intended to rinse it all out. Well, I sprayed my hair with Infusium and then rollerset. Y'all, I swear, my hair to sooooooo soft. I feel like I literally just got a relaxer last night! My hair is super shiny and looks great, my curls came out super bouncy and just lovely.

I know that many of us deep condition and moisturize with EVOO, but here is a new awesome way to use it. Make sure you all try it!!

Last edited:
I love EVOO...I conditioned with Miss Key 10 en 1 & EVOO last night too, guess we were thinkin the same thing! Only difference is I mixed my EVOO in the con...but I'm definitely gonna try this rinse thing...I bet it will pump the shine factor up on a roller set!

ok forgive me, but im bout to wash my hair as soon as im able to pull myself away from this site, but um... how do you use evoo as a rinse?
thanx!

LeNghtyDreAms said:
ok forgive me, but im bout to wash my hair as soon as im able to pull myself away from this site, but um... how do you use evoo as a rinse?
thanx!

After I rinsed the conditioner out of my hair (the last step before applying the leave-in) I poured EVOO onto my hair, as if I were rinsing my hair with that instead of water. After I massaged it for awhile, I rinsed it out again, but lightly, leaving some of the EVOO in my hair. I didn't intentionally leave it in, but I realized that there was still some in my hair and it would be a good idea to try it. hope that helps!

LilChocolateMa said:
After I rinsed the conditioner out of my hair (the last step before applying the leave-in) I poured EVOO onto my hair, as if I were rinsing my hair with that instead of water. After I massaged it for awhile, I rinsed it out again, but lightly, leaving some of the EVOO in my hair. I didn't intentionally leave it in, but I realized that there was still some in my hair and it would be a good idea to try it. hope that helps!

thank you, that helpd , but i already washd my hair i'll try it next time tho.

No problem. It's been two days and my hair is still as moisturized, soft and gorgeous as it was the night that I did it. I haven't moisturized anymore because I can still feel the oil in my hair. My hair didn't have a single strand of frizz, everything is straight and the curls held tight. Also, I have noticed that my new growth has smaller, softer waves then it had prior to the wash. It was getting unruly, my hair was puffy because of all the new growth. Now, you can barely tell that my hair has any new growth at all!! It lays perfectly. Giovanni's, watch out! :)

Re: I have definitely underestimated EVOO...read before washing your hair!!

LilChocolateMa said:
Yesterday, my head was BONE dry. It scared me cuz it hasn't been this dry before. Also Thanks to MTG I have some serious new growth just a month after my last relaxer! Anyway, I applied Mango Butter and it just wasn't helping. I figured, I'll just deep condition and rollerset it.

I deep conditioned with 10 en 1, then did a co-wash with Humectress. I then used Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a rinse. I gave my head a quick massage and rinsed lightly. There was still EVOO in my hair, although I sort of intended to rinse it all out. Well, I sprayed my hair with Infusium and then rollerset. Y'all, I swear, my hair to sooooooo soft. I feel like I literally just got a relaxer last night! My hair is super shiny and looks great, my curls came out super bouncy and just lovely.

I know that many of us deep condition and moisturize with EVOO, but here is a new awesome way to use it. Make sure you all try it!!

OMG!! The same thing happened to me recently. I decided to use EVOO in my conditioner, I noticed some was still in my hair after I rinsed, but I didn;t mind. My hair was shiny and it felt really conditioned. I've incorporated it in my daily regimen. I've tried as a deep conditioner before and after wash and as a rinse. It work great either way you use it.

Back