I have a story for you girls! :D

kittykhat

I work at Academy Sports and Outdoors and this customer came in and she had a twa. I asked her if she was growing her hair out and she said that she was growing her hair out from a texturizer. Oh my gosh, her twa was so pretty and full of 3c curls. I told her that I did a BC a few days ago and that mine was all frizzy and stuff. She said that my hair felt like hers when she BCed and that my hair will get curlier soon. Then she named some products that she uses (I asked her). She said care free curl and liquid love by sir charles. She said liquid love was the best hair product she had ever used on her hair. She said she put it on her hair and it instantly transformed her curls--they were very pretty. Lol. But she went and got me a bottle that very same hour!!! I haven't used it yet but I was wondering if any of you guys have heard about this? I know that it is made in Dallas and I live in texas so that's good.

http://texasbeautysupplies.com/liqlovacmois.html

Ingredients: water, glycerin, dicetyldimonium chloride, hydrolyzed collagen, fragrance, vinegar, hydroxyethylcellulose, cetyl alcohol, benzalkonium chloride, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, propylparaben, methylparaben, tetrasodium EDTA, Red 33, Red 4.

The ingredients aren't listed on the website but on my bottle. This stuff smells like pert plus. It smells good.

thanks for the info KK! this stuff is cheap im just crossing my fingers that S&H wont be as much as the product! did she tell you how she used it, was there a particular spot in her regimen??

thanks for the info KK! this stuff is cheap im just crossing my fingers that S&H wont be as much as the product! did she tell you how she used it, was there a particular spot in her regimen??

What does S&H mean? Lol. She said that she washed it and put some in her hair. That's all she uses now. And she said not to comb it out put kinda pick it out so my curls will form. The sides of her hair are straight though.

I wonder why vinegar is in it too. Lol. I guess it won't hurt to try it. But it says that it's a softening formula. It's not a texturizer though right? :perplexed

What does S&H mean? Lol. She said that she washed it and put some in her hair. That's all she uses now. And she said not to comb it out put kinda pick it out so my curls will form. The sides of her hair are straight though.
Shipping & Handling.

I wonder why vinegar is in it too. Lol. I guess it won't hurt to try it. But it says that it's a softening formula. It's not a texturizer though right? :perplexed

I don't think it'll texturize your hair, especially because the instructions don't tell you to rinse it out.
It looks like just another curl activator, like S-Curl or Care-Free Curl.
And vinegar is an acidifying agent...it lowers the ph of your hair, which serves to close the cuticles.
When the cuticles are closed and laying flat, the hair tends to be shinier, softer and smoother, so I guess that's why it's in there.
Anyway, I hope it works out for you. :yep:

I used to use this when I had a twa and it works as first but then it makes your hair soooo dry. It's probably the glycerin.

I used to use this when I had a twa and it works as first but then it makes your hair soooo dry. It's probably the glycerin.

probably! a lot of people tell me if you live in a cold environment glycerine does the oposite effect and dries your hair. so i will definitely be purchasing this stuff in the summer because that will be around the time i do my BC!!

Yup, Probably a no-go in the Winter time because of this!

ETA: It will probably work wonders in the warmer Months!

Last edited:
OMG, that was SO NICE of her to get a bottle for you :rosebud: I love it when people (esp. black women) are nice and generous with one another :yay:

OMG, that was SO NICE of her to get a bottle for you :rosebud: I love it when people (esp. black women) are nice and generous with one another :yay:

SOOO TRUE Ladies! That's why LHCF is the ish!!! Yeah!:grin:

ETA: I hope you find it useful. And NO Propylene glycol is BAD..but it's in almost EVERYTHING!(unless it's a natural product) *i think*.Somebody chime in.....plz

Yeah, I was so happy. I like that there are still some really good people in this world. But I'll just keep it in my stash for the summer then. I didn't know glycerine did that...:perplexed Lol.

Back