I have a RANT!

Candycane044

Soooo, I was on Facebook the other day and I saw an update on the side of my homepage. One of my 'friends' had added some photos and the album was titled, "Don't hate on my long luscious hair you bald-headed b*tches!!!" Upon viewing that I was like What the heck???? So I went to see what she was talking about. I clicked on the link and her hair was about the same length as mine, between shoulder length and arm pit length. Now, I don't know if LHCF has spoiled me or what, but I don't consider that long?!? She went on to comment on each of her photos with things like "God has blessed me with long hair, and the rest of you are just SOL" and "Look at all that hair!"

I guess my point is, I hate when I see someone with shoulder length hair and they started bragging on how long their hair is!! It really pisses me off. Additionally, why do people have this attitude like THEY are "lucky" and all other black women can't achieve the same lengths?!?! We have ladies here with hair down to their butts and they don't have that attitude at all. Not only that they're trying to help others achieve. I'm sorry to go on this tangent, but I've seen this so much lately and I'm tired of it!!

Last edited:
Wow!!! Maybe if she would work at it and take care of her hair instead of being "lucky" her hair could be longer that APL. I by no means have long hair, but I do share whatever tips I can with others, what's the point of hoarding the knowledge? Someone else having long hair doesn't hurt me. I can't believe she called people bald-headed bishes!!! That's out of line are y'all friends in real life?

Wow!!! Maybe if she would work at it and take care of her hair instead of being "lucky" her hair could be longer that APL. I by no means have long hair, but I do share whatever tips I can with others, what's the point of hoarding the knowledge? Someone else having long hair doesn't hurt me. I can't believe she called people bald-headed bishes!!! That's out of line are y'all friends in real life?

Girl no!!! Lol, there's no WAY I could roll with someone with that attitude. I am just irritated at how ignorant she is. And I'm like you, when I see someone with long hair I'm like oooooooooo, I wonder what products they use? But not to mention, her hair really isn't that long (IMO)-not like some of the ladies on this forum.

Maybe it was a joke album? Meaning she was joking on a friend in real life...SL isn't long to me, but before I came on the board, I considered APL to be long for BW and BSL to be verrrry long, LOL. It's all about perspective, ya know?

Some women feel that that's long. :ohwell:

Maybe people have been complimenting her and she thought she'd let everyone know.

Yeah before I came to the boards I though SL was long too! Maybe you should post a link to this board so she can see that it can get even better than that:grin:

some folks have just been so conditioned to think that we can't grow long hair that once they've hit SL (or even NL) you can't tell them nothin'.

but maybe she was just joking?

Prior to LHCF I would have thought that was long, but the album title was a little extra.

, "Don't hate on my long luscious hair you bald-headed b*tches!!!" Upon viewing that I was like What the heck???? So I went to see what she was talking about. I clicked on the link and her hair was about the same length as mine, between shoulder length and arm pit length. Now, I don't know if LHCF has spoiled me or what, but I don't consider that long?!? She went on to comment on each of her photos with things like "God has blessed me with long hair, and the rest of you are just SOL" and "Look at all that hair!"

She's making herself look like a fool.:lachen::lachen:Two things, she may be around females who do consider her hair very long which caused her the big head and some females will go on all day about someone hating on them when that most likely isn't the case. I had a Note on my Facebook with information about growing healthy relaxed hair for anyone that was interested and reguarly post pics of my hair for my enjoyment/progress-not to put down others.:rolleyes:
She'd be more constructive if she did something like that.

You guys may be right...maybe she was joking but I have a serious feeling she's not simply because someone commented, "you do have some pretty hair" and she was like, "thanks I just had to let these b's know." Soooo I don't think she was joking at all:look:.

I do think I'm spoiled by LHCF though, all these ladies with BSL and longer....I guess my perception of long has changed.

You guys may be right...maybe she was joking but I have a serious feeling she's not simply because someone commented, "you do have some pretty hair" and she was like, "thanks I just had to let these b's know." Soooo I don't think she was joking at all:look:.

I do think I'm spoiled by LHCF though, all these ladies with BSL and longer....I guess my perception of long has changed.

Sounds like she had some drama with someone and it's towards them. I don't think she's joking either.

yeah this chick is not joking. lol. i had a girl hit me up for random convo on myspace the other day. so i checked her pics. her hair was nice, thick, shiny, and somewhere between sl and apl. i was thinking her hair was pretty but this is what totally turned me off. she said things like, "i don't sew it, i grow it. hate on me." and she would even bring it up when the pic had nothing to do w/ her hair. like, "this is a pic of me and my lil bro. and btw...yes that is all my hair. i'm naturally beautiful." i was like wow! she's really stuck up.

Last edited:
She's making herself look like a fool.:lachen::lachen:Two things, she may be around females who do consider her hair very long which caused her the big head and some females will go on all day about someone hating on them when that most likely isn't the case. I had a Note on my Facebook with information about growing healthy relaxed hair for anyone that was interested and reguarly post pics of my hair for my enjoyment/progress-not to put down others.:rolleyes:
She'd be more constructive if she did something like that.

Exactly. IF she had a more positive attitude, it'd be more beneficial for everyone. And you're right, she's probably around people who consider her hair really long.

yeah this chick is not joking. lol. i had a girl hit me up for random convo on myspace the other day. so i checked her pics. her hair was nice, thick, shiny, and somewhere between sl and apl. i was thinking her hair was pretty but this is what totally turned me off. she said things like, "i don't sew it, i grow it. hate on me." and she would even bring it up when the pic had nothing to do w/ her hair. like, "this is a pic of me and my lil bro. and btw...yes that is all my hair. i'm naturally beautiful." i was like wow! she's really stuck up.

Um that is a hot mess! I don't understand that attitude. Who are they trying to prove something to???

Soooo, I was on Facebook the other day and I saw an update on the side of my homepage. One of my 'friends' had added some photos and the album was titled, "Don't hate on my long luscious hair you bald-headed b*tches!!!" Upon viewing that I was like What the heck???? So I went to see what she was talking about. I clicked on the link and her hair was about the same length as mine, between shoulder length and arm pit length. Now, I don't know if LHCF has spoiled me or what, but I don't consider that long?!? She went on to comment on each of her photos with things like "God has blessed me with long hair, and the rest of you are just SOL" and "Look at all that hair!"

Um, is she for real? If so, tell her I said this ":lachen:".

Maybe God will some day bless her with a clue . . .

Dang, just to think someone said something like this with hair that isn't even APL!:lachen:

I mean, that almost makes me think I can be stuck-up with BSL.:look:

But fa'real, I can't roll like that...arogance is so not me.:nono: If it wasn't for God blessing me to find LHCF, I wouldn't be at this length right now.

I dont know but she sounds like she has a real stank attitude

post some pictures of real long hair and give her a wake up call:grin:

lol@her talking about God blessin her with that stank attitude about it:spinning:

I dont know but she sounds like she has a real stank attitude

post some pictures of real long hair and give her a wake up call:grin:

lol@her talking about God blessin her with that stank attitude about it:spinning:

I was going to suggest that but I didn't think the girl would get the point, she would probably think Candycane was hating:lachen::lachen:. That's how chicks like her think.

I don't care if her hair was WL- that's dumb to make an album bragging about your hair on facebook. Sharing your progress, yes- bragging, no.

However, IRL, that is considered pretty long, IMO. I swear, fb is getting as silly as myspace.

i love my roomate and she doesnt throw her hair in people face. but she does make those comments. like thank God, God blessed me with hair cuz i cant do all that braiding and she even was like on the phone black people cant grow long hair and she is dark skinned with bsl and from Haiti, and i just chuckled on myside of the room cuz i dunno maybe i guess cuz she feels she is from the island or something, cuz in my opinion she black and has black hair 4b she hates blowdrying her hair so ive done her hair before and i know and she is always happy when she gets her relaxer and she is like finally got rid of them napps i just think its so funny...guess we have a long way to go.

well, that length is considered long in the "real world". if it wasn't for hair boards, i'd think apl is the longest we could get.

but to be all uppity about it...if God let you get that long, He can let all that fall right back off

Gosh, I don't know what else to say except your friend sounds funny! As long as she doesn't do that out in public, she should be okay. . .

Back