I have a question about the Dominican technique...

ShiShiPooPoo

I had my first Dominican experience yesterday. My hair came out great.

Here's the question :What is the point of the rollerset? Is it for the movement? I don't understand why they just don't blowtorch then flatiron?

Sidenote: I will not be getting Dominican blowouts alot (tooooooo much heat for me) but I see how they can be addicting. She sat me under the steamer too! (I may have to break down and buy one now).

Well tell us what products they used! I wanna know! I'm dying to try one.

What was the experience like? Nice? They speak english? Any bad moves? What gives?

Hair looks good!

Well tell us what products they used! I wanna know! I'm dying to try one.

What was the experience like? Nice? They speak english? Any bad moves? What gives?

Hair looks good!

I'm not sure what shampoo she used but she used that snail conditioner (forget the exact name I'll try to find a picture).

I really went on a humble. I got up to get my hair trimmed but the lady who trims it is far away and I just didn't feel like driving. I thought, "I'm going to the Dominican place today."

The woman who did my hair took me right back. I mean I sat down for probably 30 seconds before she took me to the wash bowl. She was Dominican but had lived in the U.S for a time so her English was excellent.
After she washed me she sat me under the STEAMER for about 20 min. Girl, I was soooo excited when I realized it was a steamer. I was sitting there looking all goofy. That thing got really hot too.

Anyway...I really like my hair...just not all that heat. My hair is so shiny and bouncy. Oh, she trimmed me too and she showed me how much she was going to trim and I appreciated that. She did a good job on the trim. It's nice and even.

I was wondering about the relaxing...She uses Nairobi relaxer which is great and it's affordable so I would be able to get everything that I wanted in one visit like relaxer, rinse, trim, dc, etc.

Also to cut down on the amount of heat, they can blow out the roots only. You'll still have curls and your roots w/b silky straight w/o all that heat the whole length of your hair.

I had my first Dominican experience yesterday. My hair came out great.

Here's the question :What is the point of the rollerset? Is it for the movement? I don't understand why they just don't blowtorch then flatiron?

Sidenote: I will not be getting Dominican blowouts alot (tooooooo much heat for me) but I see how they can be addicting. She sat me under the steamer too! (I may have to break down and buy one now).

The rollersets give it more body and movement. My hair was blow torched and flatironed. It was really straight but not bouncy like other members' hair.

Sorry, i wanted to throw in a question. I just got my first dominican blowout experience last saturday and i noticed she didn't spray my roots with water before blowing it out. Is this normal? Is she suppose to put water on the roots before or can she just blow it out bare:perplexed? Within a couple of hours my roots had reverted back. Strange..

Sorry, i wanted to throw in a question. I just got my first dominican blowout experience last saturday and i noticed she didn't spray my roots with water before blowing it out. Is this normal? Is she suppose to put water on the roots before or can she just blow it out bare:perplexed? Within a couple of hours my roots had reverted back. Strange..

I've never had water sprayed on my roots during a blow-out. I think it's just one of those things that some people do and others don't.

They'd spray my roots with a Salerm leave-in not water.

I've been going to Domincan hairdressers for the last 13 years. For the last year I thought I learned enough from Dominicans to do my own hair ( which caused the damage you see below ) But I digress, the whole point of rollersets is to minimize the amount of heat applied to your hair and also give your hair movement. With Dominicans it's all about hair care (at least the ones I go to ) By the looks of my hair, I have to start going back to them. I hope this answers your question.

Back