I have a photoshoot on Saturday and I want to...

InsertCleverNameHere

make my hair bigger!!! Most my shoots thus far have been with pressed hair (once with a bob style wig) and this time I want my natural hair out. My hair gets sort of big (only if I use no products) as in it will stick out to the sides but I want it really voluminous as in huge, huge, huge! How can I get my hair to have more volume for the photoshoot????

Bump! Help me get big hair guys!!!!!!!
cry3.gif

Cool, cool...how much would something like that cost? I don't own a blowdryer or a diffuser...or would something like that be cheaper at a salon?

Those usually give me less volume. I guess the problem is my hair is very fine and since it's kinda long it hangs more than sticks up like most naturals. Well actually it never stuck up a lot even when it was short. I'm so envious of those with natural curls that are so voluminous. My hair is just so fine it sucks
cry3.gif

Re: I have a photoshoot on Saturday and I want to.

I have fine hair also

what I do is wash my hair then add a spray like Kemi Oyl conditioner spray then hold my head upside down and shake and keep shaking every 5 mins instant big curly hair

How about a bantu know set--just do a bunch of knots and the more curly it should be.

I can't rollerset to save my life...I'm going to try the kemi oyl and the bantu set (one tomorrow and one friday) and we'll see how it goes. I tried bantu knots once and I think I made them too big because it almost looked like I had pressed my hair.

i think you can get a blowdrier and diffuser for about $30 target/walmart I have also seen it at off price places like big lots. try the scrunch w/product and diffuse method you are a type 3 right?

oops just read that you are going to do a bantu set. i think the more oil you use the more uniform your hair will be when you take your hair down i think it cuts down the frizz too.

How about a volume boosting mousse like the one from Clairol Herbal Essences. I like to put a little sparingly on my roots if I want an especially big hair.

Hey I've done a photoshoot before as a matter of fact I have some pictures of this in my album entitled "transitioning". I wore a sew in weave for the shoot and it was pretty big and wild, loved it.

Back