I have a new found respect for...

MummysGirl

Ladies who upload youtube videos!!!!

I'll never cringe at "badly" put together videos - I wondered why the lighiting wasn't perfect, why the sound was "rough", etc....

Well, I've been working on my first (recorded) youtube video and so far...

1. My DC application on dry hair - the top 1/4 of my head is cut out because my camera was poisitoned too low! The main thing in focus is my back :rolleyes:(oh my, I never realised I had such a muscular back! :lachen:)
  2. My Detangle, Preparation to Airdy - I'm on the left side of the video NOT the centre!
  3. The lighting in both is not good enough :wallbash:

I'm already dreading the last 2 vids - doing the cornrows for a braidout and styling the braidout the next morning!!!

I was actually thinking of recording a narration but I don't think I will anymore... maybe for my next video :ohwell:

I'm going to put them all together to make one video... or maybe two (1 - DC, detangle, airdry, 2 - cornrow, braidout).

Well done to ALL ladies who have videos on youtube! You are fantastic!!!!

:notworthy

Yeah I agree totally. When I first started my HHJ some of those YT videos really helped me out. It's good to know folks will take the time out to do these things to help others because there are a helluva lot of folks who won't/can't do it for various reasons (myself included).

Good luck with your video, look forward to watching. :yep:

There definitely is A LOT of time invested in it... Some ladies put up multiple vids in a week... :wow:

I'm going start rating ALL videos I watch, even the ones that are of no use to me :lachen:

Thank you... I'll put up a post if I think it's watchable :lol:

Yeah I agree totally. When I first started my HHJ some of those YT videos really helped me out. It's good to know folks will take the time out to do these things to help others because there are a helluva lot of folks who won't/can't do it for various reasons (myself included).

Good luck with your video, look forward to watching. :yep:

Some tips would be to use a mirror behind the camera so you can make sure you are constantly in frame. I have been there before where you spend all your time to make a video and then when you watch it, you can't even see what you were doing. When I use my webcam for a video, that is by far the easiest because you see it like it is (framing, lighting, and all). But I just started using The Flip Camera now so I put a small mirror behind it so I can make sure of my position and make sure lighting is good.

If you plan to be a youtuber, buy a tripod. Balancing your camera on window sills, shelves, counters is a recipe for disaster (broken camera). Ask me how I know.

OT: but let me know when you are done. I would like to see the braid out Youtube video you are putting together; I love your braids outs.

Back