I have a couple of pics to share! ( Very Long )

Peachtree

My lil discovery
think.gif

During my last CO rinse, I found a way to measure my "natural length".  With my hair combed towards the back, I finger parted & applied LustraSilk Cholesterol throughout my newgrowth & smoothed as I went along... sorta like I was applying a touchup.  Then I applied the conditioner to the length & ends.  (( FYI, for CO rinses, I apply the conditioner to dry hair.  The conditioner penetrates my strands much better using this method. ))

When I finished, I took a look at my length hair in the mirror.  I don't why I did this... guess I was bored.  Anywho, I was
shocked.gif
at the length of my hair... it was almost mid back again.  
clap.gif
(Relaxed length is no longer a goal for me.... I'm just concentrating on growing out my natural hair.
smile.gif
)

This time (today) I took pics of it.  I took a "before conditioner" pic & a "with conditioner" pic.      

For the pics, I put on my bra, just so that I could have a visual marking of my length.  Well, I'm almost bra clasp
shocked.gif
!  Didn't I just do a MAJOR cut last month
confused.gif

Anywho, I'm not complaining
nono.gif
, I'm aiming
trampoline.gif
... aiming for mo' natural growth
smile.gif

...just thought I'd share. 

BTW, keep in mind that my hair is moist with conditioner.  Cuz of this alone, not only will my new growth "stretch", but also so will my relaxed strands. 

So here's the math....
- I figure 2 inches of the length is due to the stretched relaxed strands.
- I give myself 1 inch of length back cuz the new growth is not fully straightened... it still has a lot of curl & wave even though it's soaked with conditioner.
- So basically, my natural hair (new growth length) should equal the difference in lengths (minus 1 inch)
clap.gif
dance7.gif
clap.gif
bdance.gif
clap.gif
trampoline.gif

( Not bad for 5.99 mths of transitioning.... 6 mths on Oct 19th
clap.gif
)

Enough of that
laugh.gif
, here's the pics....

I know it looks
weird.gif
It's dry cuz I didn't do my normal moisturizing last night... I was tooo lazy! Before Conditioner

I added conditioner to my ~dry~ hair then let the conditioner dry on my hair. That's why it's looking all stringy & stiff.Added conditioner to ~dry~ hair

This transitioning thingy is wonderful
trampoline.gif
clap.gif

It's lil victories like this (& my tendrils) that keeps me motivated & so very happy that I've made this decision
cool.gif

OK NO MORE LONG POSTS from me for a while... cuz I know y'all are like
whyme.gif
laugh.gif
!

Much luv,
Tana
(Anna with a "T"
wink.gif
)

Glad to see your transition is going so well for you.
grin.gif

Hairlove the link didn't work for me either... just click on her album link in her profile and select Oct pics.

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Ok, these pictures are not working for me!!! I'm dying over here!! I wanna see!!!!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
... sorry sweetie
laugh.gif
.... Graemlins I'm good at; Urls I'm not
laugh.gif

...gonna try to get this link to work
ohwell.gif

Yay, you brought the link back!!
I just saw the pics and wowwie! There is a major difference in length between wet and dry with conditioner! You hair has grown quite nicely! It's like, it didn't like the major "cut" you gave it and now it's rebelling!! You're growing quite nicely!

I took the pic link away cuz I thought that those big 'ole pictures of Debbie Allen would take up most of my sig space... Guess it didn't!

Anywho, thanks luv
Rose.gif
I'm really excited now... girl, I'm PUMMPED!!! Ok, let me settle down
laugh.gif

BTW, isn't ur album overdue for an update???
poke.gif
poke.gif
Go ahead, get that cam ready & take sum hair shots
Flahssssss.gif
I absolutely adore ur hair
smile.gif

Thanks, Peachtree! I adore your long, thick, and VERY healthy hair, too!

I don't really have any updates b/c I've been wearing my hair the same ole way...b-o-r-i-n-g. I'll probably post some of my recent product buys soon though.
smile.gif

Thanx for sharing your pictures Peachtree

I was wondering what hair type do you have? Have you experienced alot of hair shedding in the process of transitioning?

Your newgrowth looks great!
smile.gif

You have a nice texture.

God Bless

@ HAIRLOVE...

Boring? Oh pleeze! Girl I luv to view ur pics (& I'm sure that I'm not alone) ....even if it's the same style
smile.gif

U wanna talk b-o-r-i-n-g? Look at my album... it's major boring
laugh.gif
! I've found a-ga-zillion ways to take the same or b-o-r-i-n-g new growth pics
laugh.gif
! Hubby jokes & tells his friends that I spend all of my free time taking pics of my scalp
laugh.gif
! I didn't realize that I had that many "scalp pics"
laugh.gif
in my album
nono.gif
((shaking my head cuz I know that I have a "hair problem" ))

[ QUOTE ]
newgrowth said:
Thanx for sharing your pictures Peachtree

I was wondering what hair type do you have? Have you experienced alot of hair shedding in the process of transitioning?

Your newgrowth looks great!
smile.gif

You have a nice texture.

God Bless

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi newgrowth
wave.gif

This is my first time "caring for" my natural texture in 18 yrs. So I'm not totally sure of the type
confused.gif
. My best guess would be primarily "3c". Other members here have collectively helped me to determine this
smile.gif

As far as shedding goes, yes & no. No, I haven't experienced a lot of shedding these past 5 mths. However I'm headed straight into my "shedding" phase
frown.gif
now. So hopefully it won't be too bad... we'll see.

Thanks for your kind words sweetheart. It truly warms my heart
Rose.gif

Blessings to u as well luv
wink.gif

worship.gif
The HAIR queen!
worship.gif

Every time I'm thinking about slapping some relaxer on my weary head, I look in your album and I'm CURED!
spawn1.gif

Hail the Hair Queen
worship.gif
!

@ NINA

rofl.gif
whyme.gif
rofl.gif

U know that u have a problem right?
laugh.gif
Girl, u keep me
rofl.gif

Thanks chicky
cool.gif
My mood has been truly uplifted this morning
smile.gif

Thanks Leshia
Rose.gif

I know that ur thinking about it
scratchchin.gif
clap.gif
I've read it in one of ur threads. If I can be of any help, then let me know luv
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelKiss said:
Peachtree, u ought to be a hair model!! Your hair is simply gorgeous! And the growth...! You just blow me away!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww, thanks CKiss
kiss.gif

U know, I have to give a
clap.gif
to my decision to go natural, cuz I strongly feel that's the reason why my hair is growing so quickly (no mo' chemicals absorb into my scalp). It grew fairly quick while I was relaxed, but not quite this quick. I'm still
shocked.gif
by those pics
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelKiss said:
Peachtree, u ought to be a hair model!! Your hair is simply gorgeous! And the growth...! You just blow me away!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Your hair has grown quite a bit...keep up the good work!

Peachtree...don't you dare take your long posts with you and disappear. I love to read them. I go through the emotions with you and wind up bouncing on my chair too, feeling like it's my hair we're talking about.
laugh.gif
nuts.gif
So please don't go into hiding for too long.
naughty.gif
I am sure I could do with a fix in a few days.

As for your hair, what adjective haven't I used to describe it.... INCREDIBLE? EXTRAORDINARY? OFF-THE-HOOK?
Heck, I enjoy it almost as much as you do. Thanks for sharing.

Lord, please deliver me from the evil spirit of the hater...

Your hair grows so fast!
shocked.gif
I agree with Nonie, don't stop the updates!

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
Lord, please deliver me from the evil spirit of the hater...

Lawd...
rofl.gif
laugh.gif
Sassygirl, ya know you need help, don't ya?

WOW Peachtree!! I cannot believe the difference between your dry hair and w/conditioner hair!!!
shocked.gif
Your hair is growing like a weed!! It's almost back at the length it was before your big trim!!
drunk.gif
Keep up the good work!!
up.gif

Re: I have a couple of pics to share! ( Very Long )

Girl, yes indeed! It IS a big difference. Your natural hair is growing right along. Way to go.
up.gif

Re: I have a couple of pics to share! ( Very Long

WOW!

Your transition is going along really well! CONGRATS!

I wish mine had been like that.
frown.gif

Back