I hate wrapping my hair!!!! Need Alternatives...

leigh.hill

My title says it all. I have medium-shortish hair (ear length for the most part). I have never liked wrapping my hair. One side always looks great; the side that is a straight mess or this one girl described it on YouTube as a "gangsta lean". All the videos that I watch about cross-wrapping have been for people with long hair. Anybody have a suggestion for me?

I have never been able to wrap my hair. I honestly think it must work best when the hair is longer cause the hair has some weight n hang to it. Rollersets r the only thing that work for me. It if I just lay the front done with a scarf n let the back hang free in a satin bonnet. But with that I may have to touch it up. And then that only works if my ends are blunt n have some weight to them

I'm assuming the "gangsta lean" is the hair that you've parted and combed against the wrap and it doesn't lay down flat? When I wrap my hair, I take it out in the morning, wrap it in the opposite direction and put a scarf over it for maybe 15- 20 minutes. That should get rid of it.

I have never been able to wrap my hair. I honestly think it must work best when the hair is longer cause the hair has some weight n hang to it. Rollersets r the only thing that work for me. It if I just lay the front done with a scarf n let the back hang free in a satin bonnet. But with that I may have to touch it up. And then that only works if my ends are blunt n have some weight to them

By "touch up" you mean use curling or flat iron in the morning?

When I wrap my hair after I take it down, I comb it in the opposite direction of my wrap to avoid the "gangsta lean'. So if i wrap towards the right side when I part my hair I put the part in the right side and I will comb the left side (kinda) towards the back and the the right side more towards my face. so that when the hair "leans" it falls "cutier" (lol)

I hope this doesn't sound crazy and I hope this helps!

Back