I hate this Shedding!!!!!!!

gissellr78

All,

For the last few weeks i have been shedding and i need it to stop. Is not abnormal amounts of hair but enough to annoy me. Every time i comb i see long strands of hair!!!!

Advice please!!!

Do you think you could possibly be going through the shedding phase of the hair growth cycle. I shed in the winter time every year.

All,

For the last few weeks i have been shedding and i need it to stop. Is not abnormal amounts of hair but enough to annoy me. Every time i comb i see long strands of hair!!!!

Advice please!!!

Do you take any garlic supplements or use Garlic Poo??? (heard Queen Helene is a good one..) Garlic supposedly stops shedding which is why many people use it with their MTG and MT.

All,

Advice please!!!

I am having the same problem. I had my hair in a french braid and did not touch it for 2 days then washed tonight. Hair everywhere when I detangled. Normally there is hardly any hair in comb but since winter hit my hair will not stop shedding long strands.

Looking forward to any solutions anyone offers. I may have to break out the credit card and get the alter ego garlic products.:ohwell:

It could be your natural shedding cycle. Also are you prone to iron deficiency anemia? If I'm not up on my iron supplements my shedding gets worse especially after my time of the month.

I am having the same problem. I had my hair in a french braid and did not touch it for 2 days then washed tonight. Hair everywhere when I detangled. Normally there is hardly any hair in comb but since winter hit my hair will not stop shedding long strands.

Looking forward to any solutions anyone offers. I may have to break out the credit card and get the alter ego garlic products.:ohwell:

I use alter ego...GREAT PRODUCT...but is wont stop shedding right away...but is great moisturizing deep conditioner you definately should use it.

About 3 months ago I started a thread about my hair "breaking" in large quantities. Come to find out I had a serious shedding problem. Since then I have been taking garlic supplements and I cannot even begin to explain to you how dramatic the shedding has reduced.I now know what my TRUE shedding amount is.

I have not take them for about 4 days now and sure enough the giant hair ball has returned. Now I know for sure this stuff is real

Giselle I was shedding and I believe it was the dry/cold weather causing it. Ever since I got my steamer it went away. Maybe your hair needs more moisture.

Have you tried a homemade garlic treatment for your hair? I know it smells like hell, but it works. You can buy garlic paste and mix it with EVOO and leave it on your hair for an hour.

Giselle I was shedding and I believe it was the dry/cold weather causing it. Ever since I got my steamer it went away. Maybe your hair needs more moisture.

Have you tried a homemade garlic treatment for your hair? I know it smells like hell, but it works. You can buy garlic paste and mix it with EVOO and leave it on your hair for an hour.

Very True, My Peoples had severe Post-Partum Shedding and I recommended this recipe:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=409542&highlight=garlic+recipe

Give it a try! She said it worked wonders!

I agree with the others that it just may be your shedding season. I shed yearround; I have no clue what it would feel like to not to have a lot of shed hair every wash day, lol.

ITA...more moisture. My hair was shedding too and I never shed in the winter, but this winter, it was beginning to be too much. It only stopped when I began to use L'Occitane shampoo and mask....just a little less than normal shedding now....praise the Lord! :clap:

i have the same problem with the shedding...is there a really good Garlic supplement brand that i should be looking for

If the shedding goes away when you're using garlic supplements, then maybe it's a fungal issue. My shedding decreased considerably along with other scalp problems when I started using tea tree and peppermint mixed in with about 2 ounces of conditioner as a pre-poo scalp treatment every other day. I hope the shedding slows down for you soon...

OP my hair was shedding after I began taking a particular medicine. I searched the site and found two items that stopped it dead in its track. The first I tried was garlic mash (1 clove of fresh garlic and a 1/4 cup of EVOO) couldn't deal with the after life.

The second was left over coffee. Something I have pretty much every morning. I now put the coffee in my shampoos and conditioners and my shedding is no more.

And there's no coffee smell. I also just pour it through my hair onto my scalp after I wash and condition then rinse out. Hope this helps.

OP my hair was shedding after I began taking a particular medicine. I searched the site and found two items that stopped it dead in its track. The first I tried was garlic mash (1 clove of fresh garlic and a 1/4 cup of EVOO) couldn't deal with the after life.

The second was left over coffee. Something I have pretty much every morning. I now put the coffee in my shampoos and conditioners and my shedding is no more.

And there's no coffee smell. I also just pour it through my hair onto my scalp after I wash and condition then rinse out. Hope this helps.

OMG COFFEE!!!! how could i forget! my mom used to rinse my hair with coffee when she saw hair coming out:grin: Will do next wash.

For this wash i washed with Kuz Regenerating shampoo and alter ego garlic conditioner.

Thanks all for the responses. I believe is the winter!!! the shedding looks normal but i want it to stop YESTERDAY!

this happens to me, but my hair is fine, it's normal. one wash I shed alot the next not as much.

try a garlic oil as a pre poo/hot oil treatment. I bought a dominican brand and it stops shedding.

Back