I Hate That I Dyed My Hair Black

leona2025

So I love the way the color looks, but the maintenance is just too much for me. After my first wash the color is already rinsing out. I'm putting rinses on every 2 to 4 weeks.

I hate the mess of coloring. I never use gloves:look:. Black rinse on the floor walls and shower. I hate the greenish tint that my color fades to. I hate it. I wish I had never done it. I just want my natural color back. I'm thinking about shaving off all my hair and starting over. UGHHHHHHH!

Are you going through something emotionally?

You've been cutting, dying bangs red, double dying or was it relaxing that made the bangs fall out? Now you're dying it black.......and now, you're not satisfied with that. Let me know if it wasn't you doing all that.

It sounds like something is going on with you girl.

Maybe you should hide your hair - get a weave or some braids or something and give yourself a break from worrying about it. You don't want to do something you'll regret.

You know you are about to get yelled at...right!

I thought WE TOLD YOU TO STEP AWAY FROM THE COLOR!!!!

Didn't you just dye your hair red in the bang area a few weeks ago and it almost "melted off" cause you were doing way to much to it?!

You need color rehab like last week! Don't make us come to your house!

Buy a wig and leave your hair ALONE before your next post be, "OMG I just had to shave my hair off"!

*spanks you*

Now go to bed!

*points to your bed*

Why don't you just wait for your natural hair colour to grow out while cutting off the hair that has been colour-treated MULTIPLE times? If it's not black enough for you then, dye it a darker black or whatever colour you choose.

You know you are about to get yelled at...right!

I thought WE TOLD YOU TO STEP AWAY FROM THE COLOR!!!!

Didn't you just dye your hair red in the bang area a few weeks ago and it almost "melted off" cause you were doing way to much to it?!

You need color rehab like last week! Don't make us come to your house!

Buy a wig and leave your hair ALONE before your next post be, "OMG I just had to shave my hair off"!

*spanks you*

Now go to bed!

*points to your bed*

what she said! Hide your hair before u something else u really regret.

I don't know the backstory. But if you want color that doesn't run use Clairol Textures and tones. No more drama necessary.

Lol y'all keep me laughing. It was relaxing over double bleach and tripled dyed hair that made the bangs melt way, but I learned my lesson from that . I only did all that too the small bang part.

I promise I'm not messing with color. The rest of my hair I don't experiment with. I keep it simple and I put clear rinses on it for the most part. I have been putting black rinses on the back for a while and I'm just tired of maintaining it. Because the color is not permanent it fades.

Check out Elumen... there is a thread if you do a search. More permanent than a rinse but non-damaging. HHG!

That was my issue with black dye too. My hair is naturally sandy brown, and I hated it so I would dye it black. It was messy, and it washed out quick, so I just stopped. Eventually it all washed out.

You could try henna then overlay that with indigo to a longer lasting black.

Also, consider using a less harsh (sulfate free) poo to make the color last. Plus, check your porosity as it can help your color deposits last longer.

I use Clairol it's semi permanent it doesn't rub off and it last a pretty long time. Make my hair really shiny too.

Back