I HATE MY HAIR. ARRGGHH!!!

Gia_981

It's so frustrating. Since November I've been maintaining a healthy hair routine. I relaxed my hair (it was natural) 7 weeks ago and now it's crazy. The ends look dry and straw-like
mad.gif
even though I just conditioner washed it yesterday and have religiously moisturized the ends. I spent two hours today flat ironing my hair because I want to wear straight for once (I usually don't) and now it just won't stay down. My hair has always been like that natural and perm. I am soo temped to shave my hair again....

What products are you using?Sometimes the wrong products can make your hair feel and look awful

I didn't relax it bone straight, I used Motions Oil Mild and the hairdresser left it in for about 20 mins. I didn't want bone straight hair because my hair is fragile, it used to break like crazy when it was natural. I only relaxed it because of the detangling issue and I wanted more options. I did get those but, my hair likes to go up, sideways, every direction except down
crazy.gif

Hey, Gia-

What products are you using on your hair prior to flat ironing? How often do you flat iron? What kind of shampoo do you use?

I hate to say it but maybe because you did not relax it bone straight is the reason why it is acting like that. IF you have really thick hair and you did not relax it completely that may cause problems

Hey, for those crispy ends, you might want to try Profectiv Healthy Ends. I can't believe this stuff...If you do try it, i really hope it does the trick for you! Hang in there, dealing with hair is tough sometimes.

It could be that your hair is resistant to relaxing. I have never been able to wear my hair straight, it never looked right but maybe you could try wearing it curly, by scrunching it with some kind of product. That was the only way I could wear my hair out when I was relaxed, but it looked much better that way.

You damaged your hair by relaxing it!..That's the first thing. Then you applied heat which further added to the damaged that you did with the perm. Try a deep condition, leave the heat alone, trim your hair. Do you have a goal in mind for you hair? Right now it sounds like you started without a plan in mind...

Cut your ends! Get a good haircut in the salon. Don't use heat if you can help it. DONT put mineral oil products in your hair or on your scalp. Use a leave-in condition daily. Try twist-outs and braid outs to make waves in your hair if the curls dont form natually. Also, don't relax your hair yourself. And I had the same kind of results with no-lye relaxers, i will never use them again. get a lye relaxer in the salon if you decide to go straighter.

Back