I hate going to salons!!!! read and help me

YummyC

So I have a special day tomorrow and I decided to get my hair wash and roller set. her ein VA that seems to be a task. Anyway, there is a girl at work and her looked really good the other day so I asked her about her stylist and decided to go where she goes. I get there and it seems like a nice environmnet, it was 0830 appt and the place was already full so this must be the spot( so i thought) Long story short the lady tried to comb out my 7 weeks post realxer hair with a tiny tail comb, then she proceeds to tell me that my hiar is not straight enough and i should come back for a " corrective" relaxer. I politely declined the relaxer and asked if she could please use a bigger comb, she complied. Then she passed me off to her " assitant" to finish the set. The assistant took all of 35 minutes to roll my hair. Instead of using water to keepin re-wetting the hiar she kept putting more product. Once again, I asked her not to put anymore.
The set was awful. She did not roll it tight enough so I have puffy a$$ roots and at this point i'm ready to go. The stylist comes back and syas she will user her "iron" to straighten my hair, I decline. I'm so mad right now. I should have left when she tried combing my hair with that small a$$ comb.
So my question now is, can i wash and set my hair again tomorrow at another place or is that too much for my hair? There is so much product in it right now that is is flat and ugly. My 'friend' comes home tomorrow evening and i want to look nice so what should i do now.

Last edited:
Hi yummyc :)

You could rewash your hair yourself and do a braid/twistout and pin the back up I think that would look nice .:yep: :look:

sweetcoco said:
Hi yummyc :)

You could rewash your hair yourself and do a braid/twistout and pin the back up I think that would look nice .:yep: :look:

didn't think of that .. thanks sweetcoco

YummyC said:
How do I do that ....

thanks

To do a french roll with hair out in the front. First shampoo and condition hair then section off the back and put in a pony tail. Next roll the front with rollers and allow to dry naturally or under a hood dryer. After hair is dry, Take down pony tail in the back in put in a french roll. Take out the rollers in the front and finger comb for fullness. Finish with shine spray or oil sheen.

I agree with the other ladies. I wouldn't be spending more time or money o another salon visit when there are so many things you could do yourself. Do you have rollers and clips? You could always rollerset it yourself. Or, like someone else mentioned, you could do pincurls or a braidout.

Yummy,

I have a very LOW BUDGET rollersetting tutorial on my blog if you want. Its www.healthytextures.com.

I had a similar experience. My rollersets at salons (other than the Dominicans) were HORRIBLE. I left crying a couple times:eek:

It takes a while but once you learn how to rollerset urself, its makes life SOOO much easier. And its cheaper!

macherieamour said:
Yummy,

I have a very LOW BUDGET rollersetting tutorial on my blog if you want. Its www.healthytextures.com.

I had a similar experience. My rollersets at salons (other than the Dominicans) were HORRIBLE. I left crying a couple times:eek:

It takes a while but once you learn how to rollerset urself, its makes life SOOO much easier. And its cheaper!

I did leave crying today, felt so frustrated..
thanks for the info. I have officialy cut out salons from this day forth!
I want to learn how to do my own relaxers, sets and wraps.

When I'm streeeeetching, like 12 weeks post, I will air dry loose and once it's dry I will sleep in satin covered sponge rollers and I will have a nice soft curly style (pics in my fotki).

It does shrink up a lot tho, so don't do this if you want to show length, but it does make a gorgeous updo with lasting curls.

seeminglysweet said:
When I'm streeeeetching, like 12 weeks post, I will air dry loose and once it's dry I will sleep in satin covered sponge rollers and I will have a nice soft curly style (pics in my fotki).

It does shrink up a lot tho, so don't do this if you want to show length, but it does make a gorgeous updo with lasting curls.

thanks seemiglysweet

Back