I HAD TO CUT 3 INCHES OF HAIR!

dlove

I noticed that my DD's natural 4b hair was not retaining length. Not because it wasn't kept stretched, washed and conditioned, sealed with moisture, orthat she sleeps in a silk wrap. I take a lot of time with her and the care of her hair. She crys something aweful when detangling. I never once thought to trim her ends. I wanted to see what her hair looked like pressed . After deep conditioning, lightly blow drying, and flat ironing, I noticed I could get the comb through the last 3 inches of DD's hair. The hair was tangled coiled and frizzy. Figuring she needed a trim ( havent had one since last summer) I trimmed her snarled ends at a cost of 3 inches.:blush: I am so down about it because her hair already shrinks so badly you could tell that she was apl unless you pulled / stretched her hair. Just wow. I wrote this to say....keep trimmig in your regi.

I hope that I will see a change in the way her hair glides through combs and hope to retain length in the future. I plan on trimming every three months.

I noticed that my DD's natural 4b hair was not retaining length. Not because it wasn't kept stretched, washed and conditioned, sealed with moisture, orthat she sleeps in a silk wrap. I take a lot of time with her and the care of her hair. She crys something aweful when detangling. I never once thought to trim her ends. I wanted to see what her hair looked like pressed . After deep conditioning, lightly blow drying, and flat ironing, I noticed I could get the comb through the last 3 inches of DD's hair. The hair was tangled coiled and frizzy. Figuring she needed a trim ( havent had one since last summer) I trimmed her snarled ends at a cost of 3 inches.:blush: I am so down about it because her hair already shrinks so badly you could tell that she was apl unless you pulled / stretched her hair. Just wow. I wrote this to say....keep trimmig in your regi.

I hope that I will see a change in the way her hair glides through combs and hope to retain length in the future. I plan on trimming every three months.

Thanks for sharing dlove. I am also a 4b and with all that I do to protect my ends they still seem to take a beating. I've just realized recently that if my ends are tangling they have to go. So I have been dusting them more regularly. And hoping that I can still retain enough to see some length at the end of the year. (hoping)

You should have seen them! All tangled. The comb could not get through it. All that crying from lil mama. I certainly hope to see some progress soon. I bought some bee mine growth serum in hopes of seeing some growth. I am going to keep her hair braided for the summer. I'm debating if I should add hair in the braid or not. I think that causes damage in long run...

you should always hold the section of hair with one hand, like a barrier, and with the other hold the section and detangle. detangling her hair shouldn't hurt her at all.

I finally had to give up three inches of ends myself this past friday :-(
I HAD TO DO IT....NOW...MY HAIR IS ALL EVEN FOR ONCE ....NEXT STEP....A WEAVE FOR THE SUMMER, SO I CAN PROTECT MY ENDS :-)

you should always hold the section of hair with one hand, like a barrier, and with the other hold the section and detangle. detangling her hair shouldn't hurt her at all.

I promise I do! It still hurt her.

Back