I Had My First Long Hair Dream.... Woke Up Disappointed.

Gr8ness83

I had a dream last night tmyt I was looking for a dress to wear somewhere and I didn't know how I wanted to do my hair. I took my hair out of the bun it was in and straightened it and my it was down to my behind. Then some lady gave me a curling iron to use to add curl. But it burned off a big chunk of my hair. I woke up and I still had these loc extensions in. Today is the 12 week mark. I have 10.5 more weeks to go until I remove them. I think my hair goes through a big growth spurt around this time of year. I guess that means that my goals are not far off I need to stay away from heat once I reach that length. Lol.

I had one of those dreams too last night. My hair was so long and thick, it was covering my boobs. It's so hair to get back to reality after seeing that.

I had a dream last night tmyt I was looking for a dress to wear somewhere and I didn't know how I wanted to do my hair. I took my hair out of the bun it was in and straightened it and my it was down to my behind. Then some lady gave me a curling iron to use to add curl. But it burned off a big chunk of my hair. I woke up and I still had these loc extensions in. Today is the 12 week mark. I have 10.5 more weeks to go until I remove them. I think my hair goes through a big growth spurt around this time of year. I guess that means that my goals are not far off I need to stay away from heat once I reach that length. Lol.

I had one of those dreams too last night. My hair was so long and thick, it was covering my boobs. It's so hair to get back to reality after seeing that.

@Gr8ness83 and @frida1980,

It seems to me that you both have fully immersed yourselves into your respective hair journey's. The mind works with pictures and images. Your dreams are confirmation that your subconscious "got the message", the desire for long, healthy hair. You both clearly know and see what you want, which is creative visualization. All this to say that you are both on track to getting what was in your dreams: long, healthy hair. It's do-able and you have hundreds of women on this site who have done that very thing, grown their hair long, healthy and thick. I think you both deserve a, "Bravo!''

Keep going, hang in there and keep learning and applying your knowledge. The process, to gain the length and health you want, will emerge.

Last edited:
@Gr8ness83 and @frida1980, It seems to me that you both have fully immersed yourselves into your respective hair journey's. The mind works with pictures and images. Your dreams are confirmation that your subconscious "got the message", the desire for long, healthy hair. You both clearly know and see what you want, which is creative visualization. All this to say that you are both on track to getting what was in your dreams: long, healthy hair. It's do-able and you have hundreds of women on this site who have done that very thing, grown their hair long, healthy and thick. I think you both deserve a, "Bravo!'' Keep going, hang in there and keep learning and applying your knowledge. The process, to gain the length and health you want, will emerge.

That was just inspiration. You should give motivational talks. We all need a pep talk since this is one of the longest journeys one can take. I just did a shower stretch last night, and found my hair at a definite MBL, with only two inches shy of WL. I think that's why subconscious is pushing towards a more ambitious goal. Who knows... But when I make my goal, you'll certainly see the pics.

@Gr8ness83 and @frida1980,

It seems to me that you both have fully immersed yourselves into your respective hair journey's. The mind works with pictures and images. Your dreams are confirmation that your subconscious "got the message", the desire for long, healthy hair. You both clearly know and see what you want, which is creative visualization. All this to say that you are both on track to getting what was in your dreams: long, healthy hair. It's do-able and you have hundreds of women on this site who have done that very thing, grown their hair long, healthy and thick. I think you both deserve a, "Bravo!''

Keep going, hang in there and keep learning and applying your knowledge. The process, to gain the length and health you want, will emerge.

Wow, I don't know how I missed this comment but thank you for the inspirational words! I am doing all that I can to be patient and nurture my hair from the inside out. I Am super excited about my hair growth, it's pretty sad...lol I keep envisioning where it will be when I take it out in May, I am ready to be pleasantly surprised. lol

I have seen the African woman who has the world's longest hair (locs) but I would love to be among one of the Black women with the longest natural hair. It's an ambitious goal but I have nothing but time to accomplish it!

Back