I had an amazing experience late last night.

silverflyt

It was very late probably near 3 or 4 am when I struggled to awaken from a nightmare. I was deeply saddend and disturbed by my dream. Not afraid-just saddened mainly. I woke my husband up and groggily told him that I had woken from a bad dream and would he hold me. He did, gladly, and as I lay there in my husbands arms, I instantly remembered a song from my childhood, as clearly as I would have been listening to it on an mp3 player, rang in my head:

"...a secret place to hide where peaceful waters flow,
to dwell beneath your wings, to hide under your shadow,
let me hide in You, it's the safest place I know."

I tell you I was instantly calmed and went right on back to sleep because I had INSTANT peace. What was impactful to me was that even though I know I was physically protected and loved and cared for by my husband, it still did not calm me in the same way. And I was so glad for this simple way the Lord comes to our aid. HE NEVER SLEEPS.

silverflyt said:
It was very late probably near 3 or 4 am when I struggled to awaken from a nightmare. I was deeply saddend and disturbed by my dream. Not afraid-just saddened mainly. I woke my husband up and groggily told him that I had woken from a bad dream and would he hold me. He did, gladly, and as I lay there in my husbands arms, I instantly remembered a song from my childhood, as clearly as I would have been listening to it on an mp3 player, rang in my head:

"...a secret place to hide where peaceful waters flow,
to dwell beneath your wings, to hide under your shadow,
let me hide in You, it's the safest place I know."

I tell you I was instantly calmed and went right on back to sleep because I had INSTANT peace. What was impactful to me was that even though I know I was physically protected and loved and cared for by my husband, it still did not calm me in the same way. And I was so glad for this simple way the Lord comes to our aid. HE NEVER SLEEPS.

Yes and it is so awesome to have a GOD that is always there for us. During situations like you expressed, I truly look to GOD as my big, protective Daddy and just have peace in my spirit. Take care Q

Back