I had a setback

Chameleonchick

Well I just recently took down my twists and guess what yall? My hair was dreading up! I only had them in for about 2 weeks. I used some extension hair to make it a little longer. I usually use extra hair anyways but this time, I used human hair. The afro kinky bulk. Oh no never again, I think this hair contributed to my dreading it was similar in texture to my hair. I have had twists in for longer with no problems. If I used extension hair I would use synthetic. Oh man. I spent all day taking these things out. I had like dreads everywhere it was horrible, so now I'm left with some uneven hair. I want to cut it off, but I told my husband I wouldn't cut my hair again until after my birthday. But thats not until August. And to make things worse, I'm going through postpartum alopecia and my edges are jacked up. But I'm not going to stress too much because with my new emergency regimen it should be better in six weeks. Just when I was getting closer to my short term goal of stretched APL. Well I just had to let it out. Thanks for reading.

Im sorry to hear that...something similar happened to me a little while ago. a weave matted up on me. I lost quite a bit of thickness. but i am glad you have an emergency regimen and know how to correct it. GOOD LUCK!!!

Sorry to hear. I had the same problem whenever I got my hair braided. I would only keep my braids in a month at a time and wash weekly, but it still tried to dread up.

This exact same thing happened to me the last time I had kinky twists with extensions earlier this year. I only had them in 7 weeks and I washed weekly and moisturized daily. It took 9 hours to take those things out, it was knots all over. I lost some thickness and had some breakage. Fast forward to 3 months later and my hair has fully recovered. I'm afraid to get them again. Like you said, it could have been the type of hair used. It had never happened before, and I get them a few times a year. Just baby your hair and take good care, it'll bounce back.

Aww sorry to hear about your setback. I'm sure you'll be back on track in no time. Hope you feel better though, I know its hard. :sad:

Back