I had a good salon experience too!(alittle long)

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I got a relaxer today (after 16 weeks, and never again!). My hair was very tangled. Partially because of all the new growth, but mostly because of my stupidity. I decided, trying to add more positivity to my healthy hair regimen, to try to keep the comb out of my hair. I thought that the conditioner and shower water were detangling my hair enough that I could just put my very wet hair into a scruncy, air dry, bun and go. I went without combing for several weeks. Ugh, massive tangling.

This woman spent an hour just getting all the tangles out of my hair. She told me that I was going to lose some hair but that she was being very careful with it. The comb out really hurt--that's when I decided that the 16 week thing ain't for mwa. Anyway, she spent another 20-30 minutes very carefully applying the relaxer and making sure that she didn't miss any spots due to tangles.

I was so grateful. I requested a rollerset. She asked did I want a trim, and I told her I'd trimmed it myself 4 weeks ago. She told me that retouches are a good time to get trims because the new growth has been straightened, the hair can be evened up. She didn't pressure me though. I told her that I wasn't real worried about evening it up until I'd reached my goal length. (I heard someone else here on the board say that--YAY )

Anyway, I tipped her well. She is also a Christian and she is hilarious. It seems God does care about the little things too because I remember asking him (almost embarrassed) to help me find a good stylist and I think she's the one.

Thanks for readin'

Good for you Supergirl. So after waiting so long, how much length did you gain in tems of inches?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Supergirl said:
It seems God does care about the little things too because I remember asking him (almost embarrassed) to help me find a good stylist and I think she's the one.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi Supergirl,
He sure does. Remember the scene at Jairus' house? While everybody stayed lost in awe when he raised Jairus' daughter, he alone remembered that the 12 year old girl needed food. Thus His command that the parents should give her something to eat.
So ask away, God loves it /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Re: I had a good salon experience too!(alittle lon

Thanks ladies. Armyqt, since it's in a roller set, I'm not quite sure yet. But you know I stretched one of the girls out to try to see alittle bit--hee hee /images/graemlins/grin.gif. It's almost to the bottom of my bra-strap now! (I think about 2 inches total--my hair is right on with the average 1/2 inch per month, vitamins or not) I tell ya--I stopped going to my scissor-happy, yet talented, former stylist this past summer AND my hair has never been longer. Things that make ya go hmmmmmmmmmm...

Isn't God good? He said that even the very hairs of our heads are numbered. Yes He cares for the smallest things /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm still rejoicing over how He sent yall my way on that Texas thread. All we have to do is ask, and He will supply ALL our need according to His will /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm so glad you found someone who took the time to care for your hair the way it sounds like she would have took care of hers.

Amethyst

Thank You and Amen!

BTW, it's good to see your horses again--now I feel like the board is really 'the board' /images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
BTW, it's good to see your horses again--now I feel like the board is really 'the board'

[/ QUOTE ]

These horses are home, sweet home /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Supergirl, /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I can't wait that long either because I get bad breakage. The longest I've been able to go is 10 weeks. It's definately not for everyone. Please post some pictures soon. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Congratulations on finding a good hairdresser. (and she's a Christian too!) /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif /images/graemlins/party.gif

/images/graemlins/trampoline.gif yay supergirl its nice to know that for every sciscor happy hair dresser out there then is another one who really does care for our hair. /images/graemlins/clap.gif

ngaa /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Supergirl, do u mind sharing where the stylist is? I live in NY and I'm on the hunt for a good salon/stylist.

Hi Free,

I'm in Dallas. I'm sorry--I know what it's like to read these boards about somebody's great stylist and keep my finger's crossed that they live near me...only to find out that they don't. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

This is so nice to hear! I hope I am as lucky as you with my new stylist!

Back