DSC01603-1.jpg

To this:

DSC01653-1.jpg

Blow dried
DSC01672-1.jpg

Blowdried
DSC01667-1.jpg

Wet

All in the name of transitioning and I am not even sure.
I have no idea what to do now.
Please don't focus on the style, I know it looks bad in the pics, my hair looks alot better than that.

ETA: I had cut it myself last night and then I went and got it cut some more today at the BSS. I don't know why I decided to BC now, I just did.

Last edited:
Well you are on the right hairboard that's for sure! There are lots of ladies that are transitioning and I am sure they will be here for you! :yep:

Mandy, I was about to do the same thing as you. Transitioning seems to take forever. I'm not in any position to give advice, but maybe you can try braids or braidouts. Anyway, you're much braver than I am, but I feel my Brittney moment is comming soon......

Mandy, I was about to do the same thing as you. Transitioning seems to take forever. I'm not in any position to give advice, but maybe you can try braids or braidouts. Anyway, you're much braver than I am, but I feel my Brittney moment is comming soon......
The Britney moment just seemed to creep up on me, be ware girl :lachen::lachen:

So you are 10 weeks post? Congrats on the chop!....I admit I am a bit confused by the cut, style wise. The cut looks kinda random. Is your hair airdried in the after pics, or blown out? I am thinking that maybe these pics aren't doing your hair justice.

So you are 10 weeks post? Congrats on the chop!....I admit I am a bit confused by the cut, style wise. The cut looks kinda random. Is your hair airdried in the after pics, or blown out? I am thinking that maybe these pics aren't doing your hair justice.
It was blow dried and then flat ironed. The stylist did not do a good job with it, I will try to post some other pics.

I posted some different pics in the original post. I hope they are better than the first ones.
DSC01667-1.jpg

wet

DSC01672-1.jpg

Blow dried.

The new pics might give a better idea. I am basically wanting to start over and I just want my hair to be even, so the style is not the focus for me, its the length. I want my hair to be even and then figure out what style. I had all kinds of lengths from Neck Length, Jew length, to Ear length.:wallbash::wallbash:

Thanks for posting the pics!! I can see now what you mean- you wanted to get alot of the relaxed ends off.

Why you gotta dis my girl? She's getting better :yep:

Your hair does not look bad.
Thanks girl. I mainly just want to get my hair to grow evenly and then figure out what style to have it in. I really want those relaxed hairs gone too, so thats why I cut it. I will do this progressively.

This cut is honestly driving me crazy. I think I will cut all of it off today.

Is all of the relaxer already cut out of all of your hair? Perhaps getting it styled again would help instead of cutting it all off? Especially since you said the stylist did not do a good job with it -- you may not need a new cut at all.

Anyway, you know your hair best and what it needs. I'm struggling with the same thing right now but haven't been brave enough to cut off these texturized ends.

Is all of the relaxer already cut out of all of your hair? Perhaps getting it styled again would help instead of cutting it all off? Especially since you said the stylist did not do a good job with it -- you may not need a new cut at all.

Anyway, you know your hair best and what it needs. I'm struggling with the same thing right now but haven't been brave enough to cut off these texturized ends.
The relaxed ends are still there, I don't know what style would hide this horrible cut. The girl did not cut it properly as I had wanted. No man, I am so gonna be depressed over this.

Don't cut! If relaxed hair is still there, just transition it out. Also, what you probably need to have done is not so much a hair cut, but a hair shaping. A good stylist knows how to do this, where you are not sacrificing any length. Instead, they will work with your existing length and trim it in a way that falls just right whether you wear it natural or straightened, is easy to style and grows out in a nice style also. You may have to pay more for this, but it is worth it, especially in the long run.

Don't cut! If relaxed hair is still there, just transition it out. Also, what you probably need to have done is not so much a hair cut, but a hair shaping. A good stylist knows how to do this, where you are not sacrificing any length. Instead, they will work with your existing length and trim it in a way that falls just right whether you wear it natural or straightened, is easy to style and grows out in a nice style also. You may have to pay more for this, but it is worth it, especially in the long run.
Thank you so much, this is turning out to be the worst hair experience I have ever had. Thank you all for your support.

Girl, take it from somebody who cuts all her off religiously in no sort of style whatsoever, it's gonna be okay! Your hair looks healthy and you just need to figure out what to do with it next. My suggestion? If you can't do it yourself, have someone (you trust) shape it up into something you like. Transitoning is a scary thing, and I commend all you brave ladies who are doing it. You'll be good, trust me!

Congrats! I currently wear a phony pony because my real pony is so short. I have a pic in my fokti. I'm off to the BSS to ry wigs and hopefully buy one.

Welcome to the natural side. Do some 2 strand twists and give your self a chance to get use to your new texture.

Back