I Got Weave Check Yesterday At Sally's

Bnster

That was so cool. I headed over to Sally's yesterday to get some stuff (ear protectors) do to my first time to do it yourself relaxer and waited to get the sales associate (SA) attention on where they were. The SA was helping a customer (CUS), so I waited patiently.

While waiting I overhead the CUS requirements and the SA was recommending the Aphogee product line for the break damage the CUS had. I ended up giving my advice on the products and things to do to recover from the breakage.

Sally's SA was very knowledgeable she's on her own hair journey. The only thing I wouldn't recommend the whole Aphogee product line (she (SA) excluded the leave-in protein) right down to the shampoo which has SLS. I couldn't say anything to it since I never tried it b4. Anyhow the CUS was looking at my hair and stated it was full. I self conscious about compliments and thinking the fulliness is due to my ng, stated it was my new growth. She asked if I had a weave and told her no it is mine (my hair was up and few strands hangin). Told her I was doing a 6 months stretch, etc (thinking how messy my hair looks with NG and straight strands).

Later at the cash still talking to her and Sally's SA, she put her hands in my hair. I then realize she didn't believe me it was all mine and she weaved checked me. Wow my 1st weave check which is kind of cool! I didn't mind - I guess it is all in the circumstances.

She said she goes to the salon weekly, when she flat irons doesn't use heat protectant and just added color streaks to her hair (We advice her on the do's and don'ts). CUS had a lot of damage to the front, top and back of her hair. Her roots were strong with the NG.

She bought a lot of products/tools (hair dryer/steamer) and was going to start doing her own weekly care at home and lay off the relaxer for a while. I wish her luck. I told her about this website, gave her a few youtube ladies to watch and my e-mail. I ended buying her a satin pillowcase and a net for when she roller sets.

The Sally's lady who was very knowledgeable was in weaves for protective styling and was looking for a good leave-in. I both told them about well.ca to order NTM and for the lady at Sally's I will go back this Friday and give her a little sample of Beemine luscious leave-in (she knew about that too).

It is so cool to talk with someone IRL about AA hair care.

Just wanted to share.

Last edited:
Girl I am so excited reading your post. You sound like you had quite a day. Stay Blessed and continue to share. Each one Teach one :)

and Congrats on that weave check :congrats:

Thank you, again so cool. I wish all you ladies have good experience when it happens to you. It is just a confirmation that my hair is healthy and is being noticed.

Congratulations on the healthy hair but how does someone just go and put their hands in someone else's hair though??? I would never in a million years just put my hand in someone's hair like that? That is so rude!!

I pm'ed you but I am giddy with excitement for you:grin: I know what you mean about getting to talk hair IRL. My 1 girlfriend and I can talk hair for hours straight!!!

Congratulations on the healthy hair but how does someone just go and put their hands in someone else's hair though??? I would never in a million years just put my hand in someone's hair like that? That is so rude!!

I'd never do it but I would feel very excited if someone did it to me:lachen:

Cool story! I have been able to give advice here and there, but most women look at me like I'm crazy so I just keep it pushing unless they look lost or the sales associate is giving them totally inaccurate information.

A true, I was hesitant to touch hers so I asked her. I think I would have been horrified if my hair was greasy. Thank goodness not. Like when on Friday evening I may put in my prepoo oil and don't wash it out until the next day or on the Sunday. I would be horrified.

Some how in this case I wasn't upset, plus I was talking to her a long while. Maybe it is the circumstances that makes you feel offended that a stranger put their hands in your hair or not. Then I am pretty easy kind of person if I don't feel threatened.

I pm'ed you but I am giddy with excitement for you:grin: I know what you mean about getting to talk hair IRL. My 1 girlfriend and I can talk hair for hours straight!!!

Got the PM thanks!. Hehehe. Gully I am like a little kid sometimes. My new phrase is, it's so cool.

Last edited:
Cool story! I have been able to give advice here and there, but most women look at me like I'm crazy so I just keep it pushing unless they look lost or the sales associate is giving them totally inaccurate information.

Normally I keep my mouth shut, but don't ask me why I even put in my two cents that day. If someone ask me I will provide advice, however in this case I stepped in. I hope she finds this website and other website to help her on her journey.

She was planning to wash her hair that night.

That's so nice that they openly took your advice like that :)

I tried to give someone advice at the hair salon yesterday because the CUS was complaining about having to comb her hair dry right after the weave take down. The stylists kept telling her she has to detangle it and she said it hurt and kept asking if she could use conditioner but they said no. I said since she's so tenderheaded it would probably be a good idea for her to use the con or at least a detangler, but they said it doesn't always work- but they didn't even try. Oh well that poor women was almost in tears, so they took her right to the shampoo bowl, tangled and all. The woman then asked for someone with gentler hands to poo her hair because it was hurting too much. All I could do was smh.

That's so nice that they openly took your advice like that :)

I tried to give someone advice at the hair salon yesterday because the CUS was complaining about having to comb her hair dry right after the weave take down. The stylists kept telling her she has to detangle it and she said it hurt and kept asking if she could use conditioner but they said no. I said since she's so tenderheaded it would probably be a good idea for her to use the con or at least a detangler, but they said it doesn't always work- but they didn't even try. Oh well that poor women was almost in tears, so they took her right to the shampoo bowl, tangled and all. The woman then asked for someone with gentler hands to poo her hair because it was hurting too much. All I could do was smh.

Rina88
How hurtful and horrible. It true what can you do when people won't listen. Of course we don't know it all, but not even to try. But you tried to advise and that counts.

The thing that gets me was the HS made the statement, that putting con in wouldn't work for everyone to detangle (huh??? anyhow), but did not even try it on her to a please the CUS. The HS knew (or claim to know) it is something that could work, but didn't test a section of the CUS hair to see if it was easier. It looks like HS blatantly didn't want to try anything (or take advice) and only wanted to comb and wash it out. That is just ignorant and doesn't have the CUS best interest in mind.

I hope you don't go to that HS for anything. LHCF made me realize I need to walkaway from those who don't have best interest for you.

That's pretty nice of you to step in. I was also in Sally's yesterday and a customer kept asking the sales associate if a boar bristle brush will damage her daughters hairline (from what i could see the CUS hairline looked extremely damaged so I suppose she didn't want her daughters to be). The SA said "oh yeah it's fine we use that brush in salons all the time". But the CUS was hesitant and kept asking if it would cause damage. I wanted to step in and give my 2 cents on brushes, but I held my tongue, wish i spoke up :ohwell:

How cool! :congrats: I NEVER give advice when Im in the BSS even when I over hear ppl talking/asking questions to SA.. I'm still rather shy UNLESS Im asked directly :D

I love talking hair and haircare products with strangers. And you know the reason they are buying what you recommend, is because of the way your own hair looks. And that is a compliment within itself.

So much fun :yep: Great story

That's pretty nice of you to step in. I was also in Sally's yesterday and a customer kept asking the sales associate if a boar bristle brush will damage her daughters hairline (from what i could see the CUS hairline looked extremely damaged so I suppose she didn't want her daughters to be). The SA said "oh yeah it's fine we use that brush in salons all the time". But the CUS was hesitant and kept asking if it would cause damage. I wanted to step in and give my 2 cents on brushes, but I held my tongue, wish i spoke up :ohwell:

I wonder what is the right time to speak up? When we are in the mood, have something to say, perceive the other person is perceptive etc... Sometimes we do voice our opinions and other times not. I'm not always like that.

I love talking hair and haircare products with strangers. And you know the reason they are buying what you recommend, is because of the way your own hair looks. And that is a compliment within itself.

So much fun :yep: Great story

That is a great way to look at it.

That was very nice of you to give advice. I do that all the time too...

*I disagree with her touching your hair with-out your permission...

Weaved Check I get that all the time..Take it as a compliment...lol...KEEP GROWING...

Happy Hair Growing!

Poor woman got information overload when she left that store and glad I can do a little bit, she will need to do all the hard work and she seemed nice and needed help.

:congrats: to you for your weave check :lol: Before I knew it, I probably would have shooed her out of my hair...that's too close for comfort...but you hadled it quite well!

Back