I got tired of lurking

moriahar

Hi, My name is Moriaha and I have been lurking on this site for about a month or so. I have 4a, (just barely) shoulder length relaxed hair with about 1.5 inches of new growth. I home relax with Organic Root Stimulator medium. I'm 12 weeks post as of yesterday and trying to stretch as long as I can.

I'm still trying to figure out the correct regimen for my hair but over the last 3 or 4 weeks I have been washing weekly on Friday's with Aphogee Deep Moisture, followed by ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner. Then I apply Aussie Deeeeep 3 Minute Miracle Moisture Treatment and let that stay in overnight. I rinse that out, blow dry and flat iron with no product.
So far so good my hair seems to be responding well.

photo.php
photo.php

I need to get a grip on this breakage and I think I'll be good to go. I plan to buy Mizani H20 Overnight Treatment on my way home from work today. I hope that it won't weigh my hair down too much. I just figured the secret to true bounce and body since lurking on this site:grin:. I want to keep it that way.

Welcome aboard sweetie! I wish you all the best with the tips you learn and you are very pretty! I love your color, cut and shine!

Hey Moriahar! I just got tired of lurking around the same time as you. It looks like we are coming out of the woodwork us lurkers!

Hi and thanks for all of the warm welcomes.
I look forward to learning the art of making my hair healthy and exploring new products.
Besides the Mizani H2O Intense Nighttime Treatment, I also purchased Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer, Two-Step Protein Treatment and also Aphogee's Provitamin Leave-in Conditioner.

Does anyone have any experience with these products? Why did or didn't you like them?

This will be my first time doing a Protein Treatment. What should I expect?

Sorry if I'm asking lots of questions, I'm just ready for my hair to get healthy and grow, grow GROW!

Welcome hon!

Get a heat protectant for your flat ironing... bet you see a breakage reduction. Sorry- that jumped out at me... it was one of my biggest problems. Actually, its one of the things that led me here.

Welcome aboard!!!!

I agree with the heat protectant! Also experiment with airdrying and then flat-ironing to decrease the use of direct heat.
If you use a protein treatment don't forget to do a moisturizing dc afterwards!

Many blessings to you!

Back