I GOT SALON RESULTS AT HOME

kking7777

Ladies,

All this time I have been driving over an hour to get a Dominican blow out .. so i can have the body and bounce i just love. Well last night instead of just roller setting my hair and the flat ironing it with my Chi turbo. I took a ceramic brush and blow dryer and attempted to do a blow out myself. (failed) Well afterwards I flat ironed each section and talk about swing! I have no need to go the salon... anyone else have this success???

:grin: :lachen: salon???? What's that?? HAven't been to one of those since 1989....Get salon results at home everytime!!! Everyone can..it's trial and error, as you found out..and patience (yuck)
Cognrats! Now you have more $$$ to BUY PRODUCTS!!!!!:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

kking7777 said:
Ladies,

All this time I have been driving over an hour to get a Dominican blow out .. so i can have the body and bounce i just love. Well last night instead of just roller setting my hair and the flat ironing it with my Chi turbo. I took a ceramic brush and blow dryer and attempted to do a blow out myself. (failed) Well afterwards I flat ironed each section and talk about swing! I have no need to go the salon... anyone else have this success???

What kind of ceramic brush and blowdryer did you use?

*Dee* said:
I always do this...works for me :up:

Hi Dee! Thanks for the tee and doughnut. I did receive them and they are great. :o) Tell me, how often do you do this home-version of the Dominican and, is the brush and blowdryer safe for relaxed hair? I thought a golden rule was not to use a brush on relaxed or texlaxed hair? :confused:

I purchased my ceramic brush at Ulta... I hope 2x a month I can do this method to acheive my salon results and just stack up on quality products..

bumpity bump

anyone use the round brush/blow dry technique at home?

if so, what are your results and what's your technique?

Well I realize that we all can get salon finished styles in our home, I washed my hair and conditioned it and went to the salon (while on leave) and she blow dried it and flat iron it, and my hair was super straight and bouncy, and my hair needs a relaxer bad. What I notice is that, she took her time and flat iron piece by piece, yeah it took at least 1 1/2 hours, but my hair was nice, silky and bouncy, I couldn't believe that was me in the mirror. However when I try to flat iron my hair, I don't take that much time and it shows, so I think its about loving the hair. Once you do that, you can always get salon results at home.

I tried that round brush like 2 years ago and I didn't like it, cause either my hair will get tangled in the brush or my hair will thin out. However I wasn't taking good care of my hair either. But I think, to accomplish this, you have to have a good moisturizer so the hair will slide around the brush, but I notice my hair dresser uses big brissle brush the brissles are wider apart, yeah I had hair to come out, but I believe it was just dead hair, cause I still had alot of hair on my head. I bought one like it, so when I use it, I will let you know.

Back