I got my touch-up today!!! (Kinda long)

Lindy

I finally got my touchup after waiting a whole 16 weeks!! (Believe me, it was much needed
grin.gif
) I was a little nervous (I always am) but everything came out great! I spoke to my stylist about using the Affirm Fiberguard instead of the Affirm Mild (no-lye) that he normally uses, but he only had it in Regular strength and he said that with my hair texture, it would have been too much for me. I was almost glad he didn't have it in the Mild cuz in a way, I didn't want to have to make the decision of whether or not to switch!! (Big chicken that I am...
tongue.gif
)

He also said that no-lye relaxers do not necessarily make the hair more dry. He said that was true years ago but since then, they have changed the formulations so that they don't dry the hair out. He told me that any dryness I have is caused by the permanent color that I use. (He is NOT a believer in permie color on relaxed heads -- I do it myself!!)

Anyway he could not get over how much my hair has grown since my last touchup, and just in general. He was mostly surprised, he said, because my hair is so long for someone with relaxed and permanently colored hair. He said he's really impressed!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
I feel so proud of myself! He told me that I must be doing something right and to keep it up. I didn't tell him that I owe it all to LHCF (
smile.gif
) but I did tell him that the color I use (Clairol Textures & Tones) contains peroxide but not ammonia and that I felt that its less damaging and drying than most of the other permie colors out there. He said that he has heard positive things from other clients about the T&T.

I love my stylist cuz he just knows w/o my even saying anything just to trim off a teensy bit. He took off such a little bit that I ALMOST wanted him to cut a little more!!

I took one picture tonight. It's posted in my yahoo album (second link at bottom). I'll be taking more pics when I wash my hair next week. I'm really determined to make bra-strap length by my b-day in November!!!

congrats Lindy. I'm glad that your hair is progressing. I was kind of shocked that your stylist didn't have anything negative to say. Usually when the ladies visit a stylist and report back to the board they have bad news .
Stylist usually always think that their way is the best way, luckily you have a more open minded stylist that can recognize your hard work. Lucky u

Good luck on reaching that November goal.

It's always great to read a POSITIVE hair salon experience (especially a touch-up, touch ups can be tramatizing, lol). Your hair is looking good.

Lindy,

Love the hair and it's nice to see the results of your color too. Keep up the good work chica - your hair is really growing....

smile.gif

P.S. I didn't forget the curly haired pic you asked for today. I bought 4 bottles of JF Dream Curls for the summer and thought of you. As soon as I'm near a camera with curly hair you will be the first to know.
grin.gif
Soon...
smile.gif

Hi, Lindy!

Your hair is just scrumptuous
laugh.gif
I think that you have not only gained length, but even more thickness than you had. Your hair looks very, very healthy
grin.gif
I like the color, too.

I am elated that you have such an excellent stylist, too. I was laughing to myself about your comment about the trim...that maybe you wanted him to snip just a bit more. Looking at that pic, he did a lovely job..no more than necessary and the trim really is akin to the natural growth pattern of your hair. All extremely positive!

I kinda think you are going to reach your goal before your birthday in November!
grin.gif
Perhaps a new goal may be in order
wink.gif

Cheers to you,

Jade

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Tracy said:
Lindy,
P.S. I didn't forget the curly haired pic you asked for today. I bought 4 bottles of JF Dream Curls for the summer and thought of you. As soon as I'm near a camera with curly hair you will be the first to know.
grin.gif
Soon...
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

HEY, That's right; you do owe me a pic!! I'm anxious to see how your hair looks with the Dream Curls... 4 bottles???!!
shocked.gif
You must REALLY love that stuff!! I'm going to give it another try soon.
smile.gif
OH, and Peachtree asked me about the Dream Curls too, so I know she would love to see your curly pic as well!!

Thanks ladies, for the compliments.
cool.gif

I wish you all could go to my stylist. He's great!!
smile.gif
If anyone lives near White Plains, NY and is interested, PM me!!

My fiance just came in and the first thing he said was "Wow! Look how long your hair is!!"
trampoline.gif

Hmmm; he just may get some extra
kiss2.gif
tonight!!!
laugh.gif

Lindy,
Your hair looks wonderful
smile.gif
. It's sooo cool
cool.gif
that your stylist recognized your hard work. What a nice relationship the two of u have
cool.gif

Keep up the awesome work
Peachtree

yo hair looks very nice esp the colour
smile.gif
i swear seein all these nice hair colours is makin me wanna colour my hair as well
look.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Hmmm; he just may get some extra
kiss2.gif
tonight!!!
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Well according to another thread, that can help your hair grow even more! I say go for it!!
laugh.gif

That's wonderful Lindy, I'm so happy for you, you get
up.gif
up.gif
and if you saw the other thread making your fiancee
lick.gif
by
kissing4.gif
will further pave the path to longer, luxurious hair
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif