I got my relaxer!!!! FIBERGUARD

Zahira999

Hey, everyone! I just received my first Affirm Fibergaurd relaxer. I think it was in Mild strength because I asked the hairdresser to use that type. Thanks to everyone on this board that gave me more knowledge about Affirm, my hair is sooooo NICE!!! Although my growth is still wavy, I love it because it has so much body and shine!!! I have to order this relaxer from sheldeez or I might just go Fiberguard shopping in NYC to see if I can find it. Hmm, I might go today actually...Whoever lives in NYC, I will let you know where I can get the Fiberguard (thats if I can find it) since it's a specialty product. I would actually order it frm SHeldeez but they don't really specify if they have the mild in Fiberguard, Maybe you guys can let me know....Oh and another thing....I feel like I am advertising the hairstylist who did my hair but I know they are people who live in NYC who wants to find hairdressers that uses Fibergaurd. Well, I am a Brooklyn girl but I went all the way to BRONX, Angelete Total Beauty Care
Address 2507 Holland Ave. ,Bronx NY 10467
Phone 718-654-7372 It was my first time going so I liked. Just my suggestion.
ooo.gif
And she has the Fiberguard mild, too. That's why I actually chose her. Not to dis Brooklyn, but when I called the salons from the avlon website(that's where I found Angelete), many hair salons had attitudes when I asked if they use Affirm......most of them won't tell me the price over the phone because of some kind of rule. But when I called Angfelete's hair salon and asked her so many questions, she answered my questions and told me teh price, which was the cheapest of all $54!!!.(Yes, I am not joking, for Fiberguard, which is usually expensive)just from my point of view....I will tell you the story next time, guys(about some mean Brooklyn hair salons). I think its time for me to end the post!!
grin.gif

Please let me know if you find it. If you find it, see if they sell to people without a license. I live in Queens but I get my hair done in Bklyn. They use Affirm sensitive scalp(thats what I asked for). The cost is $50.00. If I bring my own relaxer they deduct $5.00. So if I can purchase a couple kits of the fiberguard I can save a little money.

Sure, I will let you know....I am still in the process of talking to this manger. He says he might order it for me but he ash to check it out first....

Sure, I will let you know....I am still in the process of talking to this manger. He says he might order it for me but he ash to check it out first....

It's actually in both...lye and no lye, well, the no lye is really the scalp sensitive one, which is Guanidine Hydroxide. But I am assuming my hair dresser used the lye type because most hairstylists uses the particular one. Also, (to hondahoney) can you let me know where in Brooklyn you went to get your hair done? Although, I like the lady in the Bronx, I did my research on the Brooklyn salons on the Avlon website and some of them were nasty to me only because I specifically stated I wanted the mild relaxer not the regular. They figured I was trying to be smart with them...but anyway, let me know about the salon. And another thing, I just called Sheldeez hair salon on Virginia, they are pretty nice people, I think. The guy told me to make orders on the net. So I am assuming, hondahoney, that if I don't access to this relaxer at my beauty supply store, we may have to order it....but don't worry, I am thinking about paying him a visit tomorrow after work just to remind him.....
wave.gif
newbie.gif
grin.gif

I go to "Lookin Nice" in Brooklyn. Its on Atlantic Avenue between Bradford(St or Ave)and Wyona(St or Ave). Its a block away from the famous "Mrs Maxwell's Bakery". I've been going to them for about 10yrs. They have helped my hair to grow nicely.

Huh...I may have to try it out then because I have the affirm mild and it did NOTHING for my hair. No matter how long I left it on, it just came out an ever so slightly less curly mess.
laugh.gif
So if the affirm regular is considerably stronger as many have said it is, maybe I can make the switch. I'm using revlon regular right now and I just don't feel like its of the same high quality as affirm. Then again I don't wann waste 40 dollars again on something that dosn't work
frown.gif

Hey, hondahoney, so in that case, they do have Fiberguard in mild right? I am curious, do you use lye or no lye? Which one do they carry? Who is the exact hairdresser that does your hair? I am willing to check her out. Thanks a bunch. I feel good that if I can find a reliable hairstylist in Brooklyn, I may not have to go to the bronx. But I am willing to keep my ties in Bronx, just in case.....
wink.gif

The hairdresser that does my hair is named Carmen. I believe she used Fiberguard with lye on my hair. If shes not there you can ask for Miguelina.

The hairdresser that does my hair is named Carmen. I believe she used Fiberguard with lye on my hair. If shes not there you can ask for Miguelina.

Back