I got my Qhemet products today....(kinda long)

Ebonygurl00

I really love CurlMart! I always get my products three days after I order. Ok, so I purchased the Olive Cream Detangler, Amla & Olive Heavy Cream, Sidr Tree Butter Balm, and Honeybush Hair Tea. I washed my hair with my Keracare Hydrating Poo, then conditoned with Elucence MB conditioner. My hair was hard and dry after this, because the Elucence is a horrible rinse-out condish. My hair was in knots and tangles, so I first used the Olive Cream Detangler. As soon as I put it in my hair, my tangles melted away!! I was even able to comb my NG, something I've NEVER been able to do. The Olive Cream Detangler is thick, which I love.

After detangling, I used the Sidr Tree Butter Balm. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! It was extreme moisture, so much that I was worried that my hair would be over-moisturized.:lol: I love the consistency, it's so easy to spread. It kinda smells like beer, though. The scent isn't strong, and I love that.

I then used the Honeybush Hair Tea. The jar says it's a light-hold gel. Ok, I wasn't expecting this gel to be any good at all when I opened the jar. The consistency isn't thick like most gels that I've used. I've tried SOOO many gels to lay down my edges and kitchen, but my hair just laughed at them. I used the Honeybush Hair Tea, and OMG, AMAZING HOLD!!!! I've never experience any hold before!!!!!! The gel is my favorite product. I wish I found it sooner! My edges and kitchen are completely straight, and my hair looks SO much better.

All in all, I have to say that I LOVE Qhemet! These products are all-natural, which my hair likes. I'm airdrying my hair in a ponytail, and I keep running my hands all over my hair because it's so moisturized and smooth. Besides the mosture, the thing that amazes me is the smoothness of my hair. I've never been able to airdry my hair in a ponytail, I usually have to put it in a bun and brush it several times throughout the airdrying, but I didn't have to brush my hair AT ALL. My NG is in LOVE with these products, too! My NG is so defined, so I'm happy! I didn't use the Heavy Cream yet, because the Sidr Tree was more than enough. The downside is that these products aren't cheap. Oh, well, my hair deserves it!

let me know what you think of the gell tomorrow after a days where. I am still in search for that perfect non hard, sticky, tacky, flaky, gel.

Glad you are loving the products!!!

nomoweavesfome said:
oh snap - you mean I don't have to get it off of http://www.qhemetbiologics.com/pomades.php

so is it just curlmart.com? is it cheaper? I know the official qhemet was saying something before about backordered products. I wanna try.

Yes, that is it. I got mine from www.Curlmart.com also. They are quick!

Qhemet were saying they werent filling orders until October. So you should be fine if you want to go through them directly. I just hear they are super long at shipping things out.

I am interested in the how the HoneyBush gel performs too. I have several of the Qhemet products, they all work well for my relaxed hair.

I just received my Amla and Olive Heavy Cream from Curlmart and I love it, too.

Next on my list is the Olive Cream Detangler.

Another Qhemet convert.... :sekret:

Glad you like the products!

Ebonygurl00 said:
I really love CurlMart! I always get my products three days after I order. Ok, so I purchased the Olive Cream Detangler, Amla & Olive Heavy Cream, Sidr Tree Butter Balm, and Honeybush Hair Tea. I washed my hair with my Keracare Hydrating Poo, then conditoned with Elucence MB conditioner. My hair was hard and dry after this, because the Elucence is a horrible rinse-out condish. My hair was in knots and tangles, so I first used the Olive Cream Detangler. As soon as I put it in my hair, my tangles melted away!! I was even able to comb my NG, something I've NEVER been able to do. The Olive Cream Detangler is thick, which I love.

After detangling, I used the Sidr Tree Butter Balm. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! It was extreme moisture, so much that I was worried that my hair would be over-moisturized.:lol: I love the consistency, it's so easy to spread. It kinda smells like beer, though. The scent isn't strong, and I love that.

I then used the Honeybush Hair Tea. The jar says it's a light-hold gel. Ok, I wasn't expecting this gel to be any good at all when I opened the jar. The consistency isn't thick like most gels that I've used. I've tried SOOO many gels to lay down my edges and kitchen, but my hair just laughed at them. I used the Honeybush Hair Tea, and OMG, AMAZING HOLD!!!! I've never experience any hold before!!!!!! The gel is my favorite product. I wish I found it sooner! My edges and kitchen are completely straight, and my hair looks SO much better.

All in all, I have to say that I LOVE Qhemet! These products are all-natural, which my hair likes. I'm airdrying my hair in a ponytail, and I keep running my hands all over my hair because it's so moisturized and smooth. Besides the mosture, the thing that amazes me is the smoothness of my hair. I've never been able to airdry my hair in a ponytail, I usually have to put it in a bun and brush it several times throughout the airdrying, but I didn't have to brush my hair AT ALL. My NG is in LOVE with these products, too! My NG is so defined, so I'm happy! I didn't use the Heavy Cream yet, because the Sidr Tree was more than enough. The downside is that these products aren't cheap. Oh, well, my hair deserves it!

Ok, I just came home, and I'm even more in love with Qhemet! It was really cold outside, and my hair usually dries up and feels like hay. Not today! It's extra-moisturized, and the Honeybush is still working!! I'm really shocked, I can't believe I found a gel that actually works for me. My mom even gave me a hair compliment, and she only does that when I get my hair done at the salon. I just used a little bit of the Heavy Cream, but my relaxed hair doesn't like it that much. I'll try it next wash on my NG. I'm thanking God that I've finally found a line that works for me. That Sidr Tree's smell isn't great, though....

I love Qhemet products:notworthy :drunk: :notworthy The Olive oil Honey moisturizer is the BOMB!:love: My hair absolutely loves this stuff, I dont ever want to be without it. I am natural and this stuff plus the olive oil alma heavy cream on my ends when I air dry my hair after a wash is amazing. It dries so soft, straight and smooth. I dont have to do anything to it but apply nightly to keep it that way.

Only thing is that bugs must smell the honey because I find that when I have it in my hair I get chased by bees and other assorted bugs:perplexed . Oh well, can't have everything but, I love these products. I am addicted:drunk2:

grnidmonster said:
I love Qhemet products:notworthy :drunk: :notworthy The Olive oil Honey moisturizer is the BOMB!:love: My hair absolutely loves this stuff, I dont ever want to be without it. I am natural and this stuff plus the olive oil alma heavy cream on my ends when I air dry my hair after a wash is amazing. It dries so soft, straight and smooth. I dont have to do anything to it but apply nightly to keep it that way.

Only thing is that bugs must smell the honey because I find that when I have it in my hair I get chased by bees and other assorted bugs:perplexed . Oh well, can't have everything but, I love these products. I am addicted:drunk2:

Olive Oil Honey Moisturizer? Oh no, don't make be buy more products!:lol: I absolutely love these products, I've NEVER had moisture like this!! So you love the Heavy Cream? It's really heavy, but I think my NG will love this. DO you have the Sidr Tree Balm? The smell is weird, but it's uber-moisturizing. The Olive Cream Detangler is amazing, too, and the Honeybush has excellent hold.

I love Qhemet products but that gel left a gooey build up on my hair after several days of use. I had to clarify well to get it off. It fels so weird, like something was stuck in my hair.

Pokahontas said:
I love Qhemet products but that gel left a gooey build up on my hair after several days of use. I had to clarify well to get it off. It fels so weird, like something was stuck in my hair.

Oh, no! I don't want to have to clarify too much, that's one reason why I love no-cones. Does the gel have good hold for you? Your hair is gorgeous, btw!

Last edited:
Ebonygurl, I've been contemplating starting a thread like this one the past two days, but I hate starting threads lol. So thank you for starting this one!!!! I bought my Qhemet products a couple of months ago. Well I hated the heavy cream and just put the rest of the products aside. I'm natural and have been in search of a good product to use for a quick wash and go that doesn't leave that white film. It seems everything leaves a white film and then dries kinda crunchy.

I conditioner washed on Wednesday, applied the Qhemet gel and I had no white residue at all and my hair was pretty defined as well, my hair shrunk less and it dried pretty soft too, no crunchiness. I am in love!!!! I ordered 5 jars from curlmart because I'm planning on using it on my daughters hair too, this stuff is truly the BOMB! I have pics that I'll try to post later. I took pics because I wanted to see for sure there was no white residue and there wasn't, I am so happy with this product.

hopeful said:
Ebonygurl, I've been contemplating starting a thread like this one the past two days, but I hate starting threads lol. So thank you for starting this one!!!! I bought my Qhemet products a couple of months ago. Well I hated the heavy cream and just put the rest of the products aside. I'm natural and have been in search of a good product to use for a quick wash and go that doesn't leave that white film. It seems everything leaves a white film and then dries kinda crunchy.

I conditioner washed on Wednesday, applied the Qhemet gel and I had no white residue at all and my hair was pretty defined as well, my hair shrunk less and it dried pretty soft too, no crunchiness. I am in love!!!! I ordered 5 jars from curlmart because I'm planning on using it on my daughters hair too, this stuff is truly the BOMB! I have pics that I'll try to post later. I took pics because I wanted to see for sure there was no white residue and there wasn't, I am so happy with this product.

OMG, your hair is so pretty!:eek: I love making threads, lol, so you're welcome! Yeah, that heavy cream is WAY too thick. When people said it was thick, I was thinking of grease consistency, but this stuff is too much. The Sidr Butter is perfect! Maybe when I'm natural my hair will love the heavy cream....So the gel works great for you, too? Does it leave a build-up after awhile? I'm in love with it, also!! Wow, 5 jars, that's a lot! I also love this gel because it doesn't contain protein, which my hair hates, and it doesn't really have a smell, which I love. I can't stop raving about the gel! Have you used any other Qhemet products? If you can, get the Sidr Tree and Olive Cream Detangler, they're AMAZING!! Thanks for your review!

So far it hasn't left a build up, but I'll just have to see...I doubt it will though because it seems to melt into my hair. But if it did girl I would just clarify and keep it moving because it's that good lol. I didn't care too much for the detangler, it just kind of sat on my hair and made it white which I hate! But I'm going to try the sidr tree next time. Today I also bought some of the Blended Beauty stuff so if I like it I'll let ya'll know. And 5 jars sounds like a lot but Curlmart only had the 6 oz. jars and I used about 3 oz. (from a 12 oz. jar) in one setting, I have lot of thick, dry hair.

ETA: thanks for the compliment:). Your hair is pretty too.

Last edited:
hopeful said:
So far it hasn't left a build up, but I'll just have to see...I doubt it will though because it seems to melt into my hair. But if it did girl I would just clarify and keep it moving because it's that good lol. I didn't care too much for the detangler, it just kind of sat on my hair and made it white which I hate! But I'm going to try the sidr tree next time. Today I also bought some of the Blended Beauty stuff so if I like it I'll let ya'll know. And 5 jars sounds like a lot but Curlmart only had the 6 oz. jars and I used about 3 oz. (from a 12 oz. jar) in one setting, I have lot of thick, dry hair.

ETA: thanks for the compliment:). Your hair is pretty too.

WOW, 3oz in one setting?! I'll probably need that much when I'm natural, too. It melts in my hair, too. The detangler sat on your hair? It just melted in my hair just like the gel. If you like the gel, I think you'll like the Sidr butter. So much moisture! Let me know if you like the Blended Beauty! Thanks for the hair compliment!

Ebonygurl00 said:
OMG, your hair is so pretty!:eek: I love making threads, lol, so you're welcome! Yeah, that heavy cream is WAY too thick. When people said it was thick, I was thinking of grease consistency, but this stuff is too much. The Sidr Butter is perfect! Maybe when I'm natural my hair will love the heavy cream....So the gel works great for you, too? Does it leave a build-up after awhile? I'm in love with it, also!! Wow, 5 jars, that's a lot! I also love this gel because it doesn't contain protein, which my hair hates, and it doesn't really have a smell, which I love. I can't stop raving about the gel! Have you used any other Qhemet products? If you can, get the Sidr Tree and Olive Cream Detangler, they're AMAZING!! Thanks for your review!

Ebonygurl, I'm glad you liked the products. I think the products are really good for moisturizing relaxed hair. At first, I thought the heavy cream was too much but I've since changed my mind. I use it on my roots or the end or combined with the Sidr Butter when airdrying. I just remember that with the Heavy Cream, a little goes a long way.

shocol said:
Ebonygurl, I'm glad you liked the products. I think the products are really good for moisturizing relaxed hair. At first, I thought the heavy cream was too much but I've since changed my mind. I use it on my roots or the end or combined with the Sidr Butter when airdrying. I just remember that with the Heavy Cream, a little goes a long way.

I was worried that the products would be too heavy for relaxed hair, but I was pleasantly surprised. How much of the Heavy Cream do you use? I tried just a little dab, but it felt hard. I had to put some more Olive Cream Detangler on my ends to make them soft again. I airdry, too, and my hair dried completely straight.

Ebonygurl00 said:
Oh, no! I don't want to have to clarify too much, that's one reason why I love no-cones. Does the gel have good hold for you? Your hair is gorgeous, btw!
Thanks for the complement:). I got a very soft hold from the gel. Other than the build up I really liked it. I hope that it keeps working for you since you really like it. It's funny how products react differently on different heads of hair. I think that if I was a more frequent washer the gel would've been fine though. It was so weird though because I used the gel to slick back my hair for a week and when I went to wash it the shampoo didn't even get it out. I was so scared. I could feel the goo under my fingernail, yuck. Maybe it was the glycerin in it, I dunno. I really love the qhemet line though. Awsome quality products!

the olive oil and honey is officially called a "hydrating balm". It is a little tacky (not really sticky but initally I was a little concerned) when you first put it on, but once it absorbs it gives my hair slip and swing. I just put it on at night before I pin curl my hair and when I wake up my hair is soft and silky (no tacky feeling at all) and it has these great curls like I was born with them.

Havent tried the Sidr Butter yet, I heard it has a weird smell. I use the heavy cream on my ends only and it seems to work well. I travel alot for work, the trial size was perfect for carrying on the plane and it keeps my hair from drying out. I am so happy with these products, they are the first products that made a big difference in how I care for my hair and really make me feel like I can reach my hair goals. I'm a repeat customer for sure!

Ebonygurl00 said:
Ok, I just came home, and I'm even more in love with Qhemet! It was really cold outside, and my hair usually dries up and feels like hay. Not today! It's extra-moisturized, and the Honeybush is still working!! I'm really shocked, I can't believe I found a gel that actually works for me. My mom even gave me a hair compliment, and she only does that when I get my hair done at the salon. I just used a little bit of the Heavy Cream, but my relaxed hair doesn't like it that much. I'll try it next wash on my NG. I'm thanking God that I've finally found a line that works for me. That Sidr Tree's smell isn't great, though....

I had the side problem with that Heavy Cream. To heavy for my hair. I was very unhappy with it. MizaniMami said she used it only on her ends since It was kinda heavy for her hair. Since I had spent my money on it, I wanted to get some use out of it. This is the ONLY way I can use that stuff (on my ends) other than that, It's much to heavy for my relaxed hair. I will not buy this one again.

Thanks for the reviews on the other products! I want to try a few of them out.

hopeful said:

Okay, I am going to order the Gel and give it a try! Thanks for the review.
*Same thing with me and the Heavy Cream. Just didnt like it at all.*

The Qhemet Olive & Honey Balm is my holy grail as well. I really like the way it melts in the hair. I was wondering if the Sidr Butter Balm leaves a white film on hair. I really hate that look. When I used the Alma heavy cream, it was way too heavy for my hair so I let it go.

DAX said:
I just received my Amla and Olive Heavy Cream from Curlmart and I love it, too.

Next on my list is the Olive Cream Detangler.

Same here...I took mine down south with me and my aunt tried to keep my Heavy Cream...! I was like NUH-UH! :lol:

Has anyone tried the Amla pomade?

aonp.gif

bklynwildheart said:
Has anyone tried the Amla pomade?

aonp.gif

I have this pomade. I like this too. I apply only a little to my scalp 1 or 2 times a week. It does not seem to build up on my scalp.

Back