I got My Kinky Twists!

SimpleKomplexity

Last Wednesday, I decided to give my hair a rest and hopefully accomplish my two inches in two months challenge. My hair was feeling hard so I was determined to get my hair feeling nice before I got the kinky twists. I Dced with Humecto, Paul Mitchelle Tea Tree Con, Baking Soda, and Lemon Juice. (Hey hey hey I was desperate!). I tried the steam method then I sat under the dryer with a plastic cap on for 10 minutes. I washed the con out and used Porosity Control by sitting under the dryer for another 10 minutes. Voila! Soft hair! I rollerset as usual and got my hair braided the next day. Here are some pics of my braids. I didn't wan thte curly ones, I kinda wanted it to look like how I normally wear my hair, in a wrap. Pics are attached below

For Upkeep i am:
Washing/Dcing my hair once a week with diluted Keracare moisturzing poo/ Humecto
Spraying African Royale spray on my hair each night
Using Bee Mine each night
No updos so no manipulation It's down everyday)
I tie it up at night in a bonnet.
That's it!

Attachments

• Hair and Summer Pics to be Printed 005.jpg
    Hair and Summer Pics to be Printed 005.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 100
  • Hair and Summer Pics to be Printed 007.jpg
    Hair and Summer Pics to be Printed 007.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 121
  • Hair and Summer Pics to be Printed 008.JPG
    Hair and Summer Pics to be Printed 008.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 93
  • Hair and Summer Pics to be Printed 012.jpg
    Hair and Summer Pics to be Printed 012.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 175
Oooo...do u mind if I show my hair braider ur twist??? I want them done just like that. I really don't like the curly end look. They came out really nice :yep:

They look good. Did you do them yourself?
No way!! I can't even underbraid! I keep trying and trying, but I can't braid to save my life! I apid a girl $90 to do them and it took her 4 hours to braid them.

What kind of hair did you use? They look nice.
The Girl only uses Femi Afro Soul 24" Hair. She claims the twists come out better if you don't use the Marly Braid or any other brand of hair.

They are cute..and you better NOT go see that boy! :lol:
LOL Thank you and ROTFLMAO I'm not going to see him. I'm going to do some much needed homework instead. Thanx for the head up though!

Your twists look great! I was told that the Femi Afro Soul was the best hair to use, but I couldn't find it in my area. Next time, I'll order it online...I think it gives the twists that nice shiny look, like yours.

Your twists look great! I was told that the Femi Afro Soul was the best hair to use, but I couldn't find it in my area. Next time, I'll order it online...I think it gives the twists that nice shiny look, like yours.

I love that sheen too! It costs $10 a pack though :( I used 1.5 packs of hair though.

:bump:

I passed up the Femi Afro Soul today, but I'm heading back to the store to pick it up in the morning. How are your twists holding up SK?

Oooo...do u mind if I show my hair braider ur twist??? I want them done just like that. I really don't like the curly end look. They came out really nice :yep:

You know what I didnt even notice that! It does look alot better than the curly end look. It looks more natural.

Back