I got much less breakage when....

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
....I pre-poo'd with shea butter and wgo. Normally I get some breakage when I shampoo. Most of my hair strands are so fine that they tend to break during the shampoo process. Well the other day I randomly decided slather my hair w/ shea butter (I mix a little honey into my shea butter) until it was coated then I sealed it w/ about 2 or 3 quarter sized amounts of wgo, twisted in a bun, covered w/ a baggie and left it in over night. Needless to say I had a stinky head when I took that bun down:lol: . The next day I shampoo'd as normal and my hair was super moisturized. I saw very little breakage, just 3 or 4 pieces. Even when I detangled I saw very little shedding.

I will try this again and see if I get the same results. Just wanted to share because I was really impressed.

I have very fine strands as well. I just started pre-pooing overnight with a shea butter/vatika oil/AO Honeysuckle Rose mix. My hair feels even better when I do this. As a matter of fact, I've had this in my hair all day today. :)

Do you melt the shea butter first? I have a tub of it but I use it for my skin because I can't seem to get it right when I use it on my hair. I always end up with white hair.

prettykinks said:
Do you melt the shea butter first? I have a tub of it but I use it for my skin because I can't seem to get it right when I use it on my hair. I always end up with white hair.
Out of sheer laziness I didn't melt it. I just took gobs of it and rubbed it in my hands until it melted.

Back