I got length so now what?........... i need advice

hey ladies, so now i have a lil length:grin: and im very happy but i need some help and advice on retaining this length and gaining more. lets see, my hair right now is shoulder length and falls a lil longer in the back, im scared im going to do something wrong and damaged my ends or something. what do u ladies suggest i put on my ends no matter if im wearing my hair down or in a bun(and by the way do buns break your hair?) ive thought of just braiding my hair in a pony tail and covering it with my bun.

so i need all the help and advice you ladies have to offer, products, methods, etc.

and thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!

you should maintain a proper moisture/protein balance. this will make or break your hair.

make sure you keep your ends moisturized by using a water based moisturizer and seal with oil. HTH

Do a google search for Sistaslick. It should take you straight to her album where she has links to some articles she has written. She breaks the basics of hair care down. Her articles will help you a solid foundation of info.

Now as far as your ends go, make sure you deep condition your hair and put ample conditioner on your ends. For daily moisturizers you can try ORS olive oil cream and profectiv growth lotion. You can also put a couple of dabs of castor oil on them after you use a little moisturizer to seal the moisture in.

Do a google search for Sistaslick. It should take you straight to her album where she has links to some articles she has written. She breaks the basics of hair care down. Her articles will help you a solid foundation of info.

Now as far as your ends go, make sure you deep condition your hair and put ample conditioner on your ends. For daily moisturizers you can try ORS olive oil cream and profectiv growth lotion. You can also put a couple of dabs of castor oil on them after you use a little moisturizer to seal the moisture in.

heres sistaslick's link. www.fotki.com/sistaslick. click on her articles

thanks ladies i will have to check this link out, it was sistaslick who i first talked to when i started on my healthy hair care journey!

Back