I got Kinky twist!!

sweetpeadst

I got kinky twist!!!! They are not although way done I still have to get the ends curled!!! But I like them!! I only have one pic right now!! But here it is http://public.fotki.com/sweetpeadst04/kinky_twist/

Now let's get down to business how do you maximize your tresses?? What is the procedure for the crown and glory technique while in this style???

Last edited:
the twist are looking good. I've always wanted kinky twists but Im afraid to get them since Im not sure how I'll look with them.

Thank you you should try them first when I woke I thought I looked like Bob Marley they are so thick b/c of my hair! THe lady who did them was like you have some thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick hair!!!!

victorious said:
Cute look. The twists look nice and neat from the front. :up: :up:

I can't wait to see the back.

Thank you!!! I will get on that when I get near my sister and when i get the curls added!

Cute, I've been seriously considering doing kiny twists, I just know you'll let us know as soon as you have more pics up :) . Do you know if you can get kinkies to look dread- like?

I don't know about the crown and glory technique but I've worn kt's before. If I were you I 'd whip up the most moisturizing concoction you can think of and also grab a little wild growth oil. Dilute the wild growth oil by half with extra evoo. Carry a small bottle of the moisturizing spritz with you. Spray your hair (the region that includes your tresses) at least once during the day plus morning and night. Don't pull your hair too tight (into tight buns etc) Wear half up half down sometimes. Putting all of the hair in a bun puts a lot of pressure on the front.

They're so easy to do, I'd suggest you redo the front yourself. Fold the same hair in half, use your own hair as the centerpiece, cornbraid once or twice then divide your hair and twist it in. Don't pull tight. You might even want to put a clip at the base as you twist to keep it from pulling.

Moisture, moisture, moisture, moisture, moisture, moisture. This will make your hair thrive. Daily doctor, s-curl, asha's silk rose, oyin's greg juice (kicked up with a little extra glycerine, etc. All of these would be great. If you surge you can add a quarter of surge to your spritz and get the benefits without the itch. Acjazzes rosemary spritz is a good option too.

Or, of course, make your own.

p1

eta: use the diluted wild growth oil to oil your scalp once or twice a week. just go down all the rows with the tip. try to do this in the evening so it has time to absorb.

Last edited by a moderator:
metalkitty said:
Cute, I've been seriously considering doing kiny twists, I just know you'll let us know as soon as you have more pics up :) . Do you know if you can get kinkies to look dread- like?

Thanks girl!! But the closest thing I saw to dread looking is the yarn twist!!

patient1 said:
I don't know about the crown and glory technique but I've worn kt's before. If I were you I 'd whip up the most moisturizing concoction you can think of and also grab a little wild growth oil. Dilute the wild growth oil by half with extra evoo. Carry a small bottle of the moisturizing spritz with you. Spray your hair (the region that includes your tresses) at least once during the day plus morning and night. Don't pull your hair too tight (into tight buns etc) Wear half up half down sometimes. Putting all of the hair in a bun puts a lot of pressure on the front.

They're so easy to do, I'd suggest you redo the front yourself. Fold the same hair in half, use your own hair as the centerpiece, cornbraid once or twice then divide your hair and twist it in. Don't pull tight. You might even want to put a clip at the base as you twist to keep it from pulling.

Moisture, moisture, moisture, moisture, moisture, moisture. This will make your hair thrive. Daily doctor, s-curl, asha's silk rose, oyin's greg juice (kicked up with a little extra glycerine, etc. All of these would be great. If you surge you can add a quarter of surge to your spritz and get the benefits without the itch. Acjazzes rosemary spritz is a good option too.

Or, of course, make your own.

p1

eta: use the diluted wild growth oil to oil your scalp once or twice a week. just go down all the rows with the tip. try to do this in the evening so it has time to absorb.

Good tips but I don't have any of those moisturizers except for the s-curl!! AAren't thos kinda expensive too??? But I have some WGO that I had alredy spruced up with some carrot oil!!

Back