I got color! Now I need a good moisturizer! Suggestions?

hotlusciousl

Well I broke down and got color. I really don't want my hair to break off. Should I do a protein treatment? Then a deep condition then maitain with a daily moisturizer? I really need a good moisturizer for my hair.... something that I can apply daily that will leave my curls soft since I am wearing a roller wrap.

Sometimes we can overdo it with protein when all one really needs is a deep conditioner weekly with heat. What color did you get?

Well it isn't actually colored just yet. I got her to bleach it in streaks and lighten select strands because I wanted a lighter color right now but later after my hair re-coops from this I will put a burgandy rinse over it.

Thanks for the link to that thread! Very very helpful.... but what can I use for a daily moisturizer? I don't remember seeing that.

I use keracare moisturizer w/jojoba oil. They make a lite version too. Jane carter makes a hair serum that works well to balance hair too.
The trick to color care is hot oil treatments 2x a month. Any type of hot oil is fine doesn't have to be expensive. I color my hair regularly.

Back