I GOT A RELAXER!

Prettyinpink00

I've been contemplating this for a while and i finally did it. And I must say that i love it. To all the relaxed ladies out there what should be on my product list? because i know a lot of products work differntly on natural hair than relaxed here. Any tips on how to prevent breakage beforehand will be greatly appreciated. /images/graemlins/wink.gif I'm even afraid to wash it, lol. I'm gonna go back to my sylist in like two weeks so that she can wash and deep condition it for me.

Relaxer Hair Must Haves

Ors hair mayo- good all around deep conditioning product that works well for most people

Cream of Nature shampoo- very moisturizing,detangles like a dream but can cause build up

Nexxus Emergencee- breakage treatment that rescues my hair

Silk hair wraps- keep moisture in hair at night

ors carrot oil- good light scalp and hair moisturizer

Some sort of liquid oil- I use Kemi and hot six oil, helps keep hair moist and gives nice gloss and sheen just don't drown your hair in it

Moisture,Moisture is very important.
Airdry as much as possible.
Deep condition at least once a week and a protein treatment once a month.

Congrats on your relaxing experience. /images/graemlins/weird.gif

What kind of relaxer did you get? I don't have anything specific to add, other than have some patience and be ready for lots of trial and error. I get the BEST results with using Professional products. Here's my hairtine with products listed: Hair tine with products

Congrats, I agree with the rest of the ladies: keep those ends moist and hide them from the harsh fall/winter weather.

Thanx for the reccomendations, i'm putting together a list of things to get right now. She used Affirm Resistant relaxer. The only thing i'm not too happy about is that it doesn't have too much body. Its a little thin. I might add a couple tracks to make it appear thicker. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back