I got a question... Henna?

silenttullip

Do you shampoo after you henna a few hours or do you prepoo with the oil then shampoo then henna or do you prepoo henna and then poo or is it bad to poo at all and just cowash it out and then dc??? I know there's fiftyeleven threads about henna but I just put the prepoo (bunch of castor oil) on my hair and scalp and suddenly thought when or if I should shampoo...
Giant hugs to answers

I don't shampoo after pre-pooing. I apply my oil (usually olive oil overnight), apply henna, rinse with water, cowash atleast twice or until water is clear, (sometimes I apply cream of nature shampoo-the old formula- and let sit for a few minutes then rinse out), cowash again, then DC.

Some ladies are totally against shampooing henna out but I don't have any problems with it. Try not to manipulate your hair too much (be gentle) if you decide to shampoo. Again this is what I do, others may not agree.

When I use to henna I would prepoo over night with oils,then shampoo,apply henna mix,co-wash henna out,dc with a high intensity moisture type conditioner under steam or heating cap. (I prefer steam)
Rinse,apply leave in.
Hth

I rinse with v05 conditioner and then henna. I then use any conditioner available to keep rinsing until my hair is free of henna.

Back