I Gave In, Blowdried...AND IT FELT GOOOOD

Candy_C

After airdrying so long, i forgot what straight hair was like! ahhh it was so easy and relaxing to blowdry. all that airdrying paid off!! i gave my hair a lil dusting and everything is neat again! ahhh sometimes its nice to blowdry, i dont think i could remove heat forever... i waited 6 weeks for this moment lol, it was worth it! the next time i blowdry will be xmas and i wont have to trim like i was meant to anymore - my mind was tellin me its time for a dust but i kept waiting, but sometimes its good to get rid of the odd long strands! - so what i'm saying is, when u know ur hair could do with a little neatening up, dont be scared to blowdry n dust off those funky ends - its worth it!!!

Last edited:
candyc,
ITA, I had just trimed about .5 inch while my hair was in a ponytail, the strings were effecting me mentally :grin: so they had to go just so I could relax my nerves. I will be blowdrying tonight to see if any additional triming/dusting needs to be done.

oh by the way, i was extra vigilant with thermal protection!! i used like 3 good protecters.

I left amla oil on all day whilst i was at work

Shampooed with mane n tail original shampoo

i used Mane n Tail orginal conditioner as a leave in (light protein) so erase any breakage

i then added oil round my edges (grease) and mositurised with keracare oil moisturiser (w/jojoba) - my first time using it with heat!

i blew my hair out in sections but didn't go near the ends.

i then spraid on my mane n tail hair strengthener and blowed on medium-hot for less than 3 minutes...my hair came out shiney, soft and extremely mositurised and strong.

cocowhite said:
candyc,
ITA, I had just trimed about .5 inch while my hair was in a ponytail, the strings were effecting me mentally :grin: so they had to go just so I could relax my nerves. I will be blowdrying tonight to see if any additional triming/dusting needs to be done.

Good on ya!! I've found hair always grows out much more easier with dustings and the odd bit of heat esp. if u have regrowth

Girl!!!...I'm so tempted right now to blowdry(it's been a year)...my roots right about now looks a hot mess...Did you use a comb attachment or a round brush to blow out your hair?...I dusted my ends about 3 weeks ago and it's well worth it...my hair looks alot better now...so i agree with you on that.

Lady_Lioness said:
Girl!!!...I'm so tempted right now to blowdry(it's been a year)...my roots right about now looks a hot mess...Did you use a comb attachment or a round brush to blow out your hair?...I dusted my ends about 3 weeks ago and it's well worth it...my hair looks alot better now...so i agree with you on that.

oh my gosh! a whole yr!how did u do that ur good....i used a comb attachment, those round brushes look scary

I just airdried all the way through...maybe once...out of the whole yr... I may have went to the dominican salon for a blowout...but that was it...I had so much damage in the past from using heat and I decided... after I found this site and many others...that I wasn't going to use heat anymore...but now seeing how you had good results from it...i'm really tempted to do it myself.
I used to use comb attachments for my blowouts also(I threw that out)...you are right those round brushes are scary...i never could seem to master the technique.
What heat protectors did you use?

Candy_C said:
After airdrying so long, i forgot what straight hair was like! ahhh it was so easy and relaxing to blowdry. all that airdrying paid off!! i gave my hair a lil dusting and everything is neat again! ahhh sometimes its nice to blowdry, i dont think i could remove heat forever... i waited 6 weeks for this moment lol, it was worth it! the next time i blowdry will be xmas and i wont have to trim like i was meant to anymore - my mind was tellin me its time for a dust but i kept waiting, but sometimes its good to get rid of the odd long strands! - so what i'm saying is, when u know ur hair could do with a little neatening up, dont be scared to blowdry n dust off those funky ends - its worth it!!!

I know how good that feels! I blew out my hair this weekend and flat ironed it (maxiglide) and then I trimmed off 1 1/2 inches- 2 inches in some spots. I mean my ends were driving me crazy (haven't trimmed in 1 year)! I felt so releaved to get rid those raggedy things ( they were split and breaking off anyways), they had to go! It was not as emotional as I taught it would be!;) Glad you had a good experience too!:)

Ali77...yesss tis true, and my head feels so LIGHT i cant wait 2 see it in the morning as i have like an inch of regrowth in the front and it needs a serious flattening!!

Lady_Lioness - i use The keracare jojoba oil, and then used the mane n tail strengthener which is also a thermal protector..one of the best i have ever used. i then used ic - colour treated hair serum...my hair drank it so i put some oil on my ends...and yes it drank that too! i'm in a twist up for the night with my durag on, that usually gets the mositure back to the surface! thank gawd for satin headscarfs

Back