I found the beauty supply of my dreams (KINDA LONG)

Christa438

I noticed the other day that there is a beauty supply in the shopping center across from my job. I wondered why I never paid attention to it before. The Beauty Supply is towards the back of the shopping center almost like in a corner though. So I decide to be nosy. It is at a convenient location, I might have found a new BSS to shop at. So I walk across to the shopping center and go in to look around. As soon as I walk through the door, I stop-- stunned at how neat and spacious it is, but the shelves of products captivates me. I can tell they they carry A LOT of stuff. The women who work there greet me and welcome me to look around. As I start to browse, I feel like Im in heavin. And though I am walking, I actually have this nice warm feeling as if Im floating through the aisles. It seems that they carry almost every salon quality product/ line one could think of minus a few. I wonder from the Paul Mitchell section to the Sebastian No.9 to the Back 2 Basics to the Mazani section to the Biolage and on and on. I finally choose two conditioners that I have heard good things about and wanted to try. I'd like to mention that these two products are on sale for DIRT CHEAP compared to what I've seen at Walmart, Targets, Walgreens, CVS or any other BSS. (Im actually still tripping on my luck thinking "I cant believe I never came in here!" ) I go up to the cashier and she asks for my name and phone number, I give it to her because I have been asked at least one of these questions at other stores before. Then she asks for my license. Im thinking "I've never been carded for trying to buy haircare products before, this aint no alcohol!" So she asks "Did you leave your cosmetology licence at home? we may be able to ..." (Now everything about why this Beauty Supply has all the best hair care lines makes sense.) The thought crosses my mind to say "yes" and see if I can actually make it out the door with my products. But Im usually a honest person so I tell her that Im not a stylist. She tells me that they only sale products ''wholesale'' to stylists. She tells me that she is sorry. I tell her I am too. I explain that I didn't know that, that I thought they were a regular beauty supply as the sign out front says "Something Something Beauty Supply." I leave feeling like I found a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow but a little evil leprechaun came out of nowhere and snatched it back and disappeared. Oh well, I like Sallys down the street anyways. LOL, I just needed to get this off my chest but I'll be alright. Has this happened to anyone else?

Wow that's horrible :perplexed, sorry it wasn't opened to the public. Do you know of anyone with a license?

I started staying away from stylists because of bad experiences, but now I really do wish I had just one as a friend.

Girl go to a hair school and snatch up a young stylist as a buddy:lachen::lachen::lachen:
find a trainable one and teach him or her how to work hair right while you are at it:grin:
I started staying away from stylists because of bad experiences, but now I really do wish I had just one as a friend.

Wow, that must have hurt. I was so happy for you and then I read that last part. :( You have to find a friend with a license that will hook you up. My cousin has one and hooked me up this past weekend.

Wow, that must have hurt. I was so happy for you and then I read that last part. :( You have to find a friend with a license that will hook you up. My cousin has one and hooked me up this past weekend.

right, I almost wanted to :cry: but I held it together and went back to work. I was on my lunch break. Didn't have much of an appetite after that though to tell ya the truth. :sad:

Girl it sounds like you went into Armstrong McCall...You have to be licensed to purchase anything out of there. I would get my friend girl (stylist) to pick up stuff for me when she goes...

Wow, that sucks. But I agree with the ladies who said get a friend with a license. I plan to go to cosmetology school; BSS ownership might be in my future.

I DEFINITELY feel your pain...I just moved to Augusta, GA from NYC (where there are TONS of great beauty supply stores *cries*) and let's just say, as a product junkie, the local area has been leaving me so dry and seems to be absent of a good, wide variety beauty supply store.

I was walking to a Dollar General one of the first few days I was here, and a couple of stores down from the DG is a Cosmo Prof. If you're not sure what that is, there's a website (I believe) but it's basically the same as your HG BSS-- It's a wide variety, high end beauty supply store that sells a LARGE range of products; hair, nails, body, etc. I was so ready to walk into there when I noticed the HUGE BRIGHT COLORFUL sign that said YOU MUST HAVE A LICENSE (cosmetics/hair) TO ENTER. It seriously broke my heart. Everytime I walk by, I see all the Paul Mitchell and Mizani and Redken, etc. products from the glass walls...WHY GLASS WALLS, COSMO PROF?! Are you trying to kill me?!?! I also see all the latest nail polishes and nail brands in there, and nails are as serious to me as hair is. *cries*

I'mma find a way to get me a license though, *** that.

:dazed: Ouch... I'm sorry. I know it kind of sucks, but at least there is always online stores.

I hate when something so good is exclusive :perplexed

I was so ready to walk into there when I noticed the HUGE BRIGHT COLORFUL sign that said YOU MUST HAVE A LICENSE (cosmetics/hair) TO ENTER. It seriously broke my heart.
I only saw "Open" sign :lol: They probably did have a sign out there but at that time maybe I just had 'selective' vision i guess.

Quote by OutspokenWall Flower
Everytime I walk by, I see all the Paul Mitchell and Mizani and Redken, etc. products from the glass walls...WHY GLASS WALLS, COSMO PROF?! Are you trying to kill me?!?! I also see all the latest nail polishes and nail brands in there, and nails are as serious to me as hair is. *cries*

I'mma find a way to get me a license though, *** that.

:yep::yep::yep: Im wondering how long does it take to complete beauty school anyway.

1,500 hours at OGLE. I hope to go in the next couple of years. But I will have to pay for it myself and quit my job. So I've got some planning to do.

I have one of these BSS in my town that carries products that require a license but you can also buy some products without a license.
They will not sell you the chemical relaxers.
The lady that works in the store noticed how excited I was about hair products and let me purchase products half price just like the stylist.
This BSS sells a lot of Black Line products like CB Smoothie,Essations,Synthonics,BBD Stretch Creme,Joyce Williams,Taliah Waajid,ORS,Keracare,Mizani,Silk-2 Moistec,Affirm,Remedi etc
The lady should have let you purchase the products since you were not aware. Sorry :sad:

Last edited:
I have one of these BSS in my town that carries products that require a license but you can also buy some products without a license.
They will not sell you the chemical relaxers.
The lady that works in the store noticed how excited I was about hair products and let me purchase products half price just like the stylist.
This BSS sells a lot of Black Line products like CB Smoothie,Essations,Synthonics,BBD Stretch Creme,Joyce Williams,Taliah Waajid,ORS,Keracare,Mizani,Silk-2 Moistec,Affirm,Remedi etc
The lady should have let you purchase the products since you were not aware. Sorry :sad:

ITA. :grin:
I think before I walked out I looked at her like :sad: as if to say "Can u let me slide?" but that face didn't work on her and she looked at me like :perplexed:look: as in "Sorry. Bye. Have a nice day."

Back