I found my staples to help me transition

caramelty

Okay ladies I have been on a journey to find the right things to help me transition. Here is my story. I have been transitioning for 29 weeks my hair is 4Z and shoulder length. I went to Whole Foods and brought the Aubrey Organics Peppermint & Rosemary LOVE IT!, coconut oil, knot today and henna. I also went and brought the silicon mix and a half wig from the beauty supply. The half wig is a big kinky curly one so I put my hair in 6 braids in the back and one across the front the one I will be using to blend with the half wig. I love the look of it and my one braid out in the front blends in great! I will be going to purchase 2 more of the same wig next week to keep in stock. I have been working out every other day then co-wash my hair with the braids still in and re-doing the front braid with the knot today and coconut oil. WISH ME LUCK! I was ready to give in. I will post pics later when I figure out what is wrong with my blackberry.

Attachments

• fall.jpg
    fall.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
As a transitioner, this is really encouraging. I'm toying with the idea of half wigs but only to put it in buns or ponytails. Can't wait to see the pics.

Your AO conditioner and Silicon Mix are both protein conditioner. You may need a moisturizing conditioner in the future.

Congrats... Im two months post and thats all ive been doing to my hair is wearing half wigs. Its so easy to blend your hair with the styles. Another good leave for transitioning is Rusk smoother leave in and a good moisturizing conditioner is 24-7 moist cond by Hairveda or the avocado by shescentit.

Thanks ladies! I will pick up something for a tad bit more moisturizing. I thought the Knot Today and coconot oil would be enough.

I'm soooo happy for you!!!! I've noticed your comments about your frustrations and it's so good to read your transition's on track.

HHG!!!!!!!

I too am transitioning. I haven't got my staples yet, but I plan on going to Sally's this weekend. I am still somewhat doubtful about my hair growing, but after seeing these ladies on this forum and the fotki website, I will give it my best try! Any advice is welcomed!

http://members.fotki.com/KinkyRed/about/

I love how this looks! I'm still a little too scared to do 1/2 wigs. I wish I had the braiding skill.:ohwell:

Yeah tonight I will take some pics of my braids so you can see how much hair is actually left out in the front not the much. I love it and I plan on baggie my hair under it once I go and get some mango butter.
Thanks ladies I am trying to stay on the right track!

It looks good, love the texture. I haven't relaxed in 3 mos. and I also use half wigs (I make my own) - so this post is very encouraging for me. Thanks!

I'm happy for you, I know that feeling when you finally find something that works on your transition. Congrats and transition on.

The hair blends in very well and looks good! Isn't it the best thing when you find those products that just "click" with your hair?

BB

Good luck with your transition. I am at 5 months post and I don't know if this is a transition. I do know that I waiting until my birthday next year to decide -- that will be my one year mark. Thanks for tips on what to use. I also use coconut oil, but I add glycerin and rose water to the spray bottle.

Back