I FOUND MY DREAM ENGAGEMENT RING!

ThePerfectScore

I have found my dream engagement ring and I wasn't even looking for it! I was searching for the physical embodiment of Single and Fabulous in the image section of bing.com and bam... there it was

timthumb.php

timthumb.php
timthumb.php

http://isadoras.com/3373/fleur-de-lis-diamond-ring/

Fleur-de-lis Diamond Ring

Model 64-027
Price $19,940 Circa 1950. This stunning ring is shaped like a fleur-de-lis with two stunning diamonds. The larger diamond is 1 carat and has a VVS2 clarity and G color. The smaller central diamond is a .86 carat, VS1 clarity and H color diamond. This stunning ring measures 20mm long and 5mm tall. The base of the shank measures 1mm x 1.5mm.

And to think I was searching for an image for the How are you feeling right now? NO words - Only pics Thread

In case you're wondering I posted
stereogums-anti-valentines-mix_t520.jpg

Sex_and_The_City_Single_and_Fabulous-T-link.jpg

in the thread:look:

But one day when that special guy gets down on one knee... this is the ring I want to see! It's so perfect... so symbolic of two people coming together as one. It's so unique and whimsical and it's art deco vintage!!!! OMG! I can base the whole wedding decor off my ring!!! :grin:

Alas... that you for sharing this moment of fantasy with me

I love it for it's intensity. I wouldn't get the traditional wedding band or anything... this is all you need! Heck you don't need any other piece of jewelry!

Hey, I love it when people go out on a limb and don't play it safe. This is unique. It's not my style but it's YOURS and that's what matters. This is something you want to wear for the rest of your life so you might as well adore it:grin:

Love that you're sharing your fantasy moment with us. LOve that you're excited about this ring. Now all you need is to have THAT ring or a custom made version of it lol.....oh and to sprinkle pics like that around when you meet the man of your dreams (if you haven't already, and I'm sure he's on the way)!

This woman got a unique vintage ring when she got engaged

http://bleubirdvintage.typepad.com/blog/2010/06/a-magical-weekend.html
..we walked outside and there was a fire blazing in the fire pit. we sat down and gazed up at the blanket of stars across the sky. it was beautiful. more stars than i ever get to see in the city. so clear. so incredible. he started saying some very sweet things. sappy things and i couldn't help but giggle a little bit because we joke around so much in our relationship that seeing him be so serious is quite a rarity. i even thought to myself 'this would be a pretty sweet time to propose if only the man had a ring'. then before i knew it he stood up and pulled a little box out from behind his belt. i couldn't believe my eyes and just kept saying "no way. no way. this isn't happening. are you kidding?" he got down on one knee and with tears in his eyes told me how much he loved me and told me he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. i still couldn't believe it. he opened the little box and asked me those 4 little words that every girl dreams of hearing...

it was pitch black out and the first thing i said was... "i can't see the ring." so he pulled out his iphone and shined the screen on the little open box so that i could see. i squealed in delight and excitement. the ring was beautiful and perfect. a 1920's antique golden ring with nine diamonds. so delicate and petite. so my style. he slipped it on my finger and we talked and kissed and smiled and laughed under the stars. after about 30 minutes he says to me "wait... did you even say yes? you didn't did you." i sat there and thought about how it happened and what i said and i realized that i never gave him an answer. i quickly said "yes, yes, yes. i will marry you!" we laughed and then he told me how our friends were in on the whole thing, the weekend trip, it was all a big ploy to get away and to pop the question. i was seriously shocked and a little impressed. i am not one who is easily fooled.
the mister did good!

we walked back inside and were congratulated by our friends.
it was the happiest night!

6a00e554f1ae938833013484326f7b970c-800wi

6a00e554f1ae938833013484272dd0970c-pi

6a00e554f1ae938833013484272e05970c-pi

YAY!!!!! Although I don't like her ring.. I like the spirit behind it!

Last edited:
that must be the strangest engagement ring ive ever seen. you'll definetly be unique though

Back