I found Miconazole Nitrate in a Dollar Store in NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RabiaElaine

Hi Ladies,

I know I just started a similar thread looking for this stuff in a dollar store...but I just found it...and wanted to make sure people didn't miss it!

I just went back to the 99 cent store by job (Jacks 99 Cent Store on 40th street between Madison and 5th Ave) and I found it. It's in the aisle with all of the other topical medications. I looked there just 2 weeks ago and they didn't have it. Now they have it and right above it they have Hydrocortisone cream (sometimes I think these stores read these hair forums and stock up just for us :) ) .

The box is blue and white...If I had my camera I would take a pic. Anyway it says:

"Compares To National Brands
Antifungal Cream
Miconazole Nitrate 2%
Antifungal for Athlete's Foot & Jock Itch"

It's only.5oz, like Neosporin AF, but at least I don't have to pay for shipping on ebay for the 1oz tube (that was my next option). I bought 10 tubes and payed $9.90 (with the ebay guy and shipping it would have cost $27 for the 1oz tubes, I can just buy another 10 for the same amount for just under $20, and I don't have to wait for it to arrive!!!!)

Anyway there are A LOT of tubes left, maybe another 50 or so.

I think there are other Jacks 99 Cent stores around Manhattan.

Go stop up MNers!!!!

BTW the inactive ingredients are as follows:

Benzoic Acid, BHT, Chloroxylenol, Diazoldinyl Urea, Glyceryl Stearate, Methylpapaben, Mineral Oil, PEG 8 Stearate, Propylparaben, Trisodium EDTA, Water.

It's funny on the packaging in the "Other Information" section it says, "this product is not effective on the scalp or nails." :lachen: Little do they know!

Back