I fixed my breakage!!!!

shtow

Somehow I managed to go from APL to BSL in a few months using heat weekly. I would blow dry and flat iron with my Sedu or Chi once a week. I could not understand why my hair would look so good on Day 1 and a hot mess for the remainder of the week! My hair would be so dry and tangled that even finger combing was a task. I used to hate rollrsetting cuz I did it all wrong! I was applying product on EACH section before rolling and using too small rollers (purple). BIG MISTAKE! This made my hair dry in 2.5 hours and I would get so irritated from having wrinkly fingers! Anyways, My hair has been breaking so badly lately and I had to come to terms that it was from the heat (I am relaxed and permanent colored). So what I did this time was wash and condition with Joico MR line (used K pak a week prior). Then I detangled with the Joico detangling leave in, sprayed my hair with a little elasta foam wrap and applied a quarter sized amoint of Jocio Daily moisturizer. I THEN rolled my hair UP mohawk style using gray rollers. My hair dried in half the usual time under the PIBBS! Less is def more with the product ladies! I then blew out my roots with my round boar bristle brush. It is now day 5 and my hair has never been so HYDRATED! I have body and it is not tangled at all! The breakage has STOPPED:thewave:! I have been moisturizing and sealing with Joico daily moistuirzer and EVCO. Now I know rollersetting isnt that bad once you have it down!I just had to share!

**Please excuse the typos I am at work (at a busy hotel lol)

Last edited:
That's great! I am defininitely too scary to use heat weekly but I cosign on the less is more concept when it comes to styling...glad you had a breakthrough!

Shtow, I am soooo happy you found out how to stop your breakage. I swear that is when you have the journey down- we're like hair doctors up in here. Diagnosis is:phone:, prescription is:thought:, we don't mess around up in here. Congrats on diagnosing and curing your breakage -hooray!

Shtow, I am soooo happy you found out how to stop your breakage. I swear that is when you have the journey down- we're like hair doctors up in here. Diagnosis is:phone:, prescription is:thought:, we don't mess around up in here. Congrats on diagnosing and curing your breakage -hooray!

:lachen::lachen:@ smilies

Glad that Joico is working for you

Thanks ladies! I was acting like a feign! I was not gona be able to sleep until I solved this problem! I must add that the Jocio MR line is great and has helped a lot with the breakage! I now use this line exclusively!

Good for you for solving the breakage problem. That Joico is calling my name even more now :lachen:!!

Congrats shtow!!

Congrats on your new found hair success.

I stopped using heat months ago, and I am still having breakage. I wonder if I should try the Joico reconstructor. But I don't need any more protein.

Any suggestions ladies?

Thats great! I might have to give this Joice line a try. I've heard nothing but good things about it.:yep:

The directions on the joico daily moisturizer says to rinse out after 5 minutes. Do you rinse it out or just leave it in?

Hey my name is Shannon too! lol No I dont rinse. I use it as needed. Somtimes every day but I can afford to use it every other day since its so moisturizing. I seal with EVCO.

Shannon cute name! That's my middle name. thank you so much for the quick reply I have been going back and fourth on trying the Joico line but I think you have just convinced me. I'm a newbie on lhcf so I'm still lurking and learning.

Shannon cute name! That's my middle name. thank you so much for the quick reply I have been going back and fourth on trying the Joico line but I think you have just convinced me. I'm a newbie on lhcf so I'm still lurking and learning.

Your welcome! Im at work soooo thats why I was able to reply quickly lol. I hope your hair likes it!!!

OT: Your hair looks exactly the same in your kiddie pic!

How much product did you use? I still have a problem with the overuse of product.

Last edited:
Shtow, is the slip really good with the MR line? Does it make your hair really soft?

Yes there is a good amount of slip, but is not a "cone-y" slip, but a healthy slip (if that makes since). Its not sooo much slip that its from 50-11 cones and its greasy; its just right.
And yes shunta, my huuur is butta soft, I promise u have to try this line. You know u want to!:yep:

OT: Your hair looks exactly the same in your kiddie pic!

How much product did you use? I still have a problem with the overuse of product.

You think so? Thats good cuz I love my hair in that pic, almost makes me wana go natural. I used very little product for rollersetting. I used enough to wet my hair with the leave in and the moisturizer I only used a quoter sized amount. The foam wrap I'd say a total of 8 sprays.

Back