I fired my beautician when.....

Shana

she put relaxer all over all of my hair !!!
She cut over several inches for no reason !!!
she made me wait three hours before she even started on my hair !!!

Most beauticians don't truly seem to be experts in their fields, they are just trying to make money. But, you do have some that truly do care about taking care of your hair and not just styling it. So, let us know what the deciding factor was when you "fired your beautician"
crazy.gif

Sorry to hear this happened to you. I know I would have left way before waiting 3 hours. Why did you let her put relaxer on all of your hair?

I completely understand. I fired mine for the first two reasons. I didn't have to wait because she didn't have that many customers. I wonder why!

Shana, Shana, Shana....I feel you on this one. I had a beautician that did the same thing. Going to her salon was an all day adventure from hell, but she was a friend of the family so we'd spend much of that time catching up anyway. By the time I had my turn in her chair, she did the same thing, left the perm on my entire head to long. The next day my hair was coming the
censored.gif
out in handfuls. My beyond braclaps hair went from thick, even and healthy to damaged and shorter than chin length. She sooo was fired! And I actually called her to tell her this. After that experience, I went to another family friends salon and I've been there ever since. My hair has never looked or felt better.

I fired my beautician for the 2nd reason. She didn't understand why I could never go back to her.

I fired the first beautician i went to in orlando when she said that black peoples hair didn't need moisture. I didn't let her know why i didn't go back, i just left without looking back.

I fired the last one for getting relaxer cream on my neck. No way am I going back to her. My neck has a scar on it from that experience.
pooh123

[ QUOTE ]
pooh123 said:
I fired the last one for getting relaxer cream on my neck. No way am I going back to her. My neck has a scar on it from that experience.
pooh123

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost three years ago, my stylist got relaxer cream on the side of my face, near my ear, but I haven't fired her yet. Other than permanently scarring me
look.gif
, she's been the best stylist I've ever had (but this is all relative, as she is by no means perfect).

I had just taken the big chop and my hair was shaved in the back so it was growing in and it was really thick and "nappy" and the beautician took a comb to the back of my head and comb the relaxer through and I jumped up like what are u doing
confused.gif
shocked.gif
swearing.gif
swearing.gif
and she said oh I know what im doing going girl. (AND GIGGLED HEHEHE)

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
I WAS LIKE OHHHHH HECK NAAWW. I was so mad so mad I told her not to comb anymore and wash it out and just set me so I could leave. I was afraid what type of habits she had with a Flat iron. She probably would have tried to press my hair than flat iron (BURN MY HAIR OUT PROBABLY).

Even with my quick reaction my hair still fail out alot in the back alot of breakage so I just started over the short cut in the back.

It was obvious that I wasn't coming back.

-Faye

I'm sorry this has happened to you... I've never fired a beautician before though but I understand where you are coming from. I guess one of the better qualities about LHCF is the advice provided that help you nurse your hair back to health after situations like this.
smile.gif

sadly I've fired many. often for reasons just like that before I finally realized I don't have to accept that. my problem was usually that they don't listen to me. some even actually have laughed in my face when I've told them what I've wanted or what I do etc.

'Why do we let them do it'..Thats a very good question. why DO we let them do this to us? maybe I tend to think too hard but I've thot abt that a lot. sometimes I think its almost like a psychological thing we have in our minds when someone is doing our hair. its like being a child again and you didn't argue with your mother right? lol other times I think its bc often when talking to others ..particularly to the "experts" or "the professionals" abt something that's important to us we at the same time feel a little bit unsure of ourselves so we find ourselves tongue tied horrified something-ified and so embarrassed that its too difficult to sit there and argue with someone by the time they finish making You feel like You're the idiot.

so oh yes, feel you.

This is why I loathe "salons" with a passion. I don't trust anyone to do anything to my hair except wash it, twist it or braid it. Even then you get the occasional quack, especially with all of the new "natural" hair care salons popping up. I've even had messed up TWISTS for goodness sake! Now how can anyone !@#$ up twists?????
shocked.gif

He underprocessed my hair then cut off 4 inches without consulting me. I thought to myself, I am an educated woman and this man could not have spent 4 years in college learning to make a mess like this.

So I went and bought a used cosmetology book, my first lye perm, hopped on the internet and never looked back. I haven't been to a salon in 1 1/2 years and my hair is 3 inches from brastrap now. Good riddance.

Know thyself, know thy hair. all will be well.
Peace

When she sweared that I needed a protein treament after everywash or my hair would break off, and it just so happened to cost $10 extra.
Also when that nasty hooch bent over to pick up her tub of relaxer, and I saw that she didn't have any panties on,
barf.gif
, that was the last straw
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
When she sweared that I needed a protein treament after everywash or my hair would break off, and it just so happened to cost $10 extra.
Also when that nasty hooch bent over to pick up her tub of relaxer, and I saw that she didn't have any panties on,
barf.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
barf.gif

[ QUOTE ]
katie said:
[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
barf.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
barf.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'm sorry Denalia but the way you said it that was too funny!!
pooh123

Back