I Finished Cosmo School!!

Oh yeah -

I'm not quite a year into my license yet and I still vividly remember my state board exam. For me, the written portion focused ALOT on diseases of the scalp, skin and nail, and disinfection. Try to study all of the proper terms for things like dandruff, ringworm, etc.

Congrats OP!!!!! and thanks to all who posted tips for passing the state board exams! I will be graduating and taking my test soon.

Big congrat's to you!!!! :) Please share when you take your board exam. I will be finishing soon and would love to hear your feed back.

Congratulations!!!:dance7: I may try to stop by when I'm in the area. Are you going to be located in an area accessible by truck? It would be so cool to have a LHCF-trained stylist.

Last edited:
Congrats!!!

Looks like we need a directory for licensed LHCF stylists. I'd def patronize any in my area.

good luck on your stateboards! what book did your school use? Milady? if so, you can study online using Milady online. it will help you so much with your test! did you take your practical at school or do you have to take it somewhere else?

shortdub78 We used Pivot Point, but what I've seen in the new Milady book, it's pretty close to the same. Milady uses more pics and illustrations.

Oh yeah -

I'm not quite a year into my license yet and I still vividly remember my state board exam. For me, the written portion focused ALOT on diseases of the scalp, skin and nail, and disinfection. Try to study all of the proper terms for things like dandruff, ringworm, etc.

Browndilocks We had a HUGE problem with our state cosmo board and everyone got fired. We now use a contractor, Pearson VUE, the national testing company, to do all of our tests. What you said is the same thing that I heard, a lot of disinfection and safety issues. Thank you so much for the heads-up!

Congrats OP!!!!! and thanks to all who posted tips for passing the state board exams! I will be graduating and taking my test soon.

:yay::yay: Congrats beana! When do you graduate?

Big congrat's to you!!!! :) Please share when you take your board exam. I will be finishing soon and would love to hear your feed back.

:yay::yay: It's good to see I'm in good company!! Congrats Sunshine_One! I will surely let you know what was on the exam!

Congrats OP! I just finished too, ain't it cool? :eek:)

:yay::yay: This is AWESOME!! Congrats to you too NIN4eva! Are you working in a salon?

Congratulations!!!:dance7: I may try to stop by when I'm in the area. Are you going to be located in an area accessible by truck? It would be so cool to have a LHCF-trained stylist.

Yes ma'am, it's accessible by truck! :lol: I would love to have you Platinum! Let me know if you're ever in the Jackson, MS area!

Do your thing! So proud of you.
Do you plan to specialize in anything particular?

We don't have a round brush salon in the entire state of MS!! I will be the first! I will be doing all hair types and I'm not a big cutter, I'm a grower. Thanks for asking wavezncurlz!

topnotch1010 Not yet, I had to go straight back to work at my day job (marketing) to fill up the cash reserves again. My clients waited for me to finish school (nicest people in the world) I'm waiting on my transcripts from school and then scheduling my state exam.

Congratulations and you best send out the word where your shop is I am sure some of the ladies here will flock to it. Too bad I'm in Canada. Good luck in your endeavors!

Back