I finally got my BT and.....

danigurl18

It stinks!!! The sulfur is so strong... that I had to wash my hair afterwards.. Maybe I need to try the scented kind next time but I will never get the unscented again.. I put a multitude of oils in it to make it smell decent... has nebody else had this problem? And what did you do to fix it?

I got the unscented one. But I put essential oils in mine. With luscious smell of peppermint and rosemary.. It gives it an extra kick.

There was a thread earlier about how monigirl masked the scent of MTG with virgin coconut oil...not sure if that might work...I haven't smelled either. Nothing like having some smelly stuff in your hair driving you crazy!

I read in a thread a long time ago that this girl was using BT and it made her hed stink. Smelled really bad. Then she started using it very sparingly, only a few drops around her head. No more smell :)

I guess the less you use, the less you smell :yep:

I have the scented kind. I didn't like the unscented either. I find that if I apply BT at night before I do my rollerset, by the next morning whatever smell there was is gone.

yup it does stink!!!!!!!!!!!! i had to get another bottle and pour african pride hair,scalp,skin oil (dark orange color) with the bt mixed in to mask the smell and now it smells good!

For some reason, I think the scented one smells like sulfur, too. Maybe I got a strong batch or I have a sensitive nose.

Is it heavy? How am I supposed to use it? I got mine during my LHCF binge when I joined on Sunday... LOL! Do I use it everyday? I also got scented because I can't have my hair smelling funny... I will diss a shampoo real quick based on smell...It's shallow, but hey...I hate funny smelling things...

It stinks!!! The sulfur is so strong... that I had to wash my hair afterwards.. Maybe I need to try the scented kind next time but I will never get the unscented again.. I put a multitude of oils in it to make it smell decent... has nebody else had this problem? And what did you do to fix it?

It really does smell. I have it too. I bought it last year and the bottle is still somewhat full. My boyfriend told me the smell was deadly and slept away from me all night one night ... I was sad lol but not sadder than him. I looked at my babys face and he looked ill lmaooo.. Needless to say, I pretty much stopped using it and I am now using ayurvedic oils.

For some reason, I think the scented one smells like sulfur, too. Maybe I got a strong batch or I have a sensitive nose.

I can smell the sulfur very slightly in the scented. But, like I said, I put on my scalp while rollersetting at night and by the next morning I can't smell anything. It definitely wears off.

well maybe mine was specially made becuz it smells sooooo good. i dont know what they put in it but when i put it on my hair ppl say my hair smells really good. hummm maybe the new scented BT has something better in it to mask the smell. i love it!

I use mine 2x a day but now I'm going to limit it down to once a day because I feel like I'm using too much and I can't afford to buy a new bottle every month!! The mixing really did help and now I can use it.

I think someone posted that they mixed their mtg with dabur amla oil and the smell went away, if something got rid of the mtg smell then it will have no problem with the bt.

I used the scented one before and the smell was fine until I was in the sun for any length of time. The heat made the sulfur smell stick out to me and made me paranoid.

I can smell the sulfur very slightly in the scented. But, like I said, I put on my scalp while rollersetting at night and by the next morning I can't smell anything. It definitely wears off.

I have the scented and I can still smell the sulfer, hopefully it was just my imagination that my co-workers were giving me odd looks...:ohwell:

Back