I FINALLY FOUND MY MOISTURIZER!!!!

jreagins

I was minding my own business at work one day, when I got on facebook and saw that Carols Daughter (I'm a facebook fan, even though I had never used her products) posted something saying that the Maugerites Magic had returned. So I go and try to dig up reviews and they were horrible! Except on her site of course:rolleyes:. So i was like what the hey, and ordered it anyway. I went against all the reviews I'd read which were the same, stating that it was heavy and greasy and it smelled awful!

She must have changed the formula because it smells delish to me (VERY fragrant) the first day I kept thinking "what is that smelling like that", but i do see how it can be heavy or greasy if you use too much. I only use a dab, and then seal with coconut oil.The description even tells you on the label its RICH and creamy hairdress for shine and manageabilty, and thats just what it is. Ive been using it for 3 days and I LOVE IT!:lick: I went back to the site today to order another jar (even though I think this one will last months), but they are SOLD OUT:sad:... I may just call around to some sephoras and see if they have it though.

FROM THE SITE:
Named for Lisa’s beloved Nana, this magical hairdress is a creamy, Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter rich conditioning hair dress inspired by Grandma’s original recipe

Benefits:
  • Cocoa Butter, an excellent moisturizer with antioxidant properties, protects and nourishes tresses
  • Shea Butter moisturizes dry or damaged hair protecting against weather damage, dryness and brittleness. Absorbs quickly to rehydrate and restore luster
  • Lavendar oil detoxifies scalp offering soothing and calming benefits
  • Soy Oil and Sweet Almond Oil, enriched with proteins like Vitamin B, moisturize and strengthen the hair and scalp while promoting growth and adding shine
  • NO Parabens, Petroleum, Mineral Oil or artificial color
spacer01.gif

thanks for sharing, another fine example of how products work differently on all of us, just goes to show that sometimes we need to go against the grain. I haven't found it easy finding a moisturizer but I just got the Quemet burdock root cream so wish me luck

Good, hope you find your jar so you can have enough of it if they dissapeaR again

thanks for sharing, another fine example of how products work differently on all of us, just goes to show that sometimes we need to go against the grain. I haven't found it easy finding a moisturizer but I just got the Quemet burdock root cream so wish me luck

Thanks! That was my next option if this didnt work! GOOD LUCK!

im happy you found a moisturizer that works. i loved carols daughter healthy hair butter when i was relaxed even though most people hated it so i get what you mean about going against the reviews.

I have some of this too. I mixed it with my UBH Lotion Creme Moisturizer and applied it to my damp hair on wash day. When I took my braid down 2 days later , it is STILL SILKY!!!

I actually got it as a gift the other day and I have to agree it is pretty great. I love the smell. It is light and really moisturizes my hair. I'm not a big CD fan because I think the prices are insane. However, as a gift, I really like it. I'm going to try and duplicate it on my own though since its basically lavender oil, cocoa butter, and shea butter.

I'm still looking for a good moisturizer so I will have to put this on my list. Thanks for the review.

Sis, its not worth the money.
I say that honestly and objectively.
There are other butters and cremes out there that are less expensive and give you more quantity and work the same.
Do I like it? Yes. Enough to spend my own money on it? No.
It reminds me a whole lot of MJ Baby Butter Creme, which I also liked, but refuse to spend money on.

Sis, its not worth the money.
I say that honestly and objectively.
There are other butters and cremes out there that are less expensive and give you more quantity and work the same.
Do I like it? Yes. Enough to spend my own money on it? No.
It reminds me a whole lot of MJ Baby Butter Creme, which I also liked, but refuse to spend money on.

Like what? I'd like to know too incase this is sold out for awhile. Thanks!

Optimum Oil Therapy Conditioner comes to mind as does Cantu Shea Butter leave in.
(just thinking of things that are similar in texture and effects--Ive used both regularly in the past)

I'm running my hand through my hair now and thinking, hmmm my hair isnt as moist as it was when I used my "moisture goo" (shea butter, aloe vera gel, and grapeseed oil). That moisture lasted like 2-3 days. I put the SOMM last night and my hair feels fine, but I can tell its drying up a bit. Doesnt feel as strong at the ends. People say its rich, but I kinda thought it was light compared to stuff like the heavy creams out there.

Optimum Oil Therapy Conditioner comes to mind as does Cantu Shea Butter leave in.
(just thinking of things that are similar in texture and effects--Ive used both regularly in the past)

I'm running my hand through my hair now and thinking, hmmm my hair isnt as moist as it was when I used my "moisture goo" (shea butter, aloe vera gel, and grapeseed oil). That moisture lasted like 2-3 days. I put the SOMM last night and my hair feels fine, but I can tell its drying up a bit. Doesnt feel as strong at the ends. People say its rich, but I kinda thought it was light compared to stuff like the heavy creams out there.

really?!? See different strokes for different folks... I was just thinking I need to lay off SOMM for a few days because my hair is already moist enough. I'm thinking I can go a day or 2 without moisturizing and be alright. I hate the texture of the cantu stuff and the smell. The optimum stuff I remember coated my hair and dried it out. Your goo sounds good lol.

Oh wait I used the serum stuff in the yellow bottle by optimum. It was before the forums but I distinctively remember that coated feeling. I'll look into the conditioner. thanks!

really?!? See different strokes for different folks... I was just thinking I need to lay off SOMM for a few days because my hair is already moist enough. I'm thinking I can go a day or 2 without moisturizing and be alright. I hate the texture of the cantu stuff and the smell. The optimum stuff I remember coated my hair and dried it out. Your goo sounds good lol.

Yeah I hate the texture of cantu too lol

I may check in to this as well, I think I saw once or twice looking through a carol's daughter book they had a few jars of creamy hair moisturizers....with winter on the way! I always looking of ways to keep my hair moisturized. Cantu smells, no gonna buy any more. Blue Magic has a line of moisturizers in jars also, I like the Carrot one and the smell of it, doesn't quite hold enough moisture though. Thanx for sharing!

I may check in to this as well, I think I saw once or twice looking through a carol's daughter book they had a few jars of creamy hair moisturizers....with winter on the way! I always looking of ways to keep my hair moisturized. Cantu smells, no gonna buy any more. Blue Magic has a line of moisturizers in jars also, I like the Carrot one and the smell of it, doesn't quite hold enough moisture though. Thanx for sharing!

My SO's sister had a few sample jars of Organic roots Stimulator Carrot Oils creme and I used that for a few days. The smell doesnt bother me as Ive used it prior to the boards. It was decent...

Back