I Finally Found My All Day Softness Moisturizer & It's Homemade!!!

SignatureBeauty

Ladies I am so Darn Happy! I have been looking high and low for that ONE product to give me that all day softness, I spent so much money on products and they didn't even work for me, so at the start shea butter just did not work for me at all, Now I must say that it works like a charm when it is mixed with castor oil:D I got the idea from a member at Nappturality but I thought, this ain't gone work:( my hair will be dry by the time I go outdoors, Well I was wrong, and I have had softness for 2 days, all I did was CW and apply a tad bit of shea butter with a tad bit of castor oil and melt them together in my hand and applied, Man, my hair has so much sheen and it is Softtttt! so this morning all I did was spritz with water and added just a little more and my hair is soft.

Now if I can just learn how to whip it and then add me some Vanilla or Coconut Fragrance or Both, or maybe even some Green Tea & Cucumber like NL scented growth oil:grin: Those who have a Twa that is dry as heck should give this a try, I am not taking any pics because I am taking one when I hit my 6 month Mark to see my growth:D

This is really gonna save money in my pocket!:grin: I had already grew tired of buying products on line to make my hair soft then be dissappointed! But I am good to go, I hope this continues to work because I do have picky,finacky hair:mad: that changes like Texas Weather!

NappyParadise said:
Ladies I am so Darn Happy! I have been looking high and low for that ONE product to give me that all day softness, I spent so much money on products and they didn't even work for me, so at the start shea butter just did not work for me at all, Now I must say that it works like a charm when it is mixed with castor oil:D I got the idea from a member at Nappturality but I thought, this ain't gone work:( my hair will be dry by the time I go outdoors, Well I was wrong, and I have had softness for 2 days, all I did was CW and apply a tad bit of shea butter with a tad bit of castor oil and melt them together in my hand and applied, Man, my hair has so much sheen and it is Softtttt! so this morning all I did was spritz with water and added just a little more and my hair is soft.

Now if I can just learn how to whip it and then add me some Vanilla or Coconut Fragrance or Both, or maybe even some Green Tea & Cucumber like NL scented growth oil:grin: Those who have a Twa that is dry as heck should give this a try, I am not taking any pics because I am taking one when I hit my 6 month Mark to see my growth:D

This is really gonna save money in my pocket!:grin: I had already grew tired of buying products on line to make my hair soft then be dissappointed! But I am good to go, I hope this continues to work because I do have picky,finacky hair:mad: that changes like Texas Weather!

Congrats girl! I wonder if that recipe works on relaxed hair that is bunned? I say bunned because it sounds pretty thick and that wouldn't be good if my hair was hanging loose.
P.S. I understand 'bout Texas weather!!! Its been beautiful for the last 3 days though. Humidity will return by SUNDAY!!! boooooooo!

I mix my shea butter with Africa's Best herbal oil and it leaves my ends soft even after I take my bun or french roll down, it is still soft. I love this mixure because it's easier to apply because it has a soft consistency.

Cayenne0622 said:
Congrats girl! I wonder if that recipe works on relaxed hair that is bunned? I say bunned because it sounds pretty thick and that wouldn't be good if my hair was hanging loose.
P.S. I understand 'bout Texas weather!!! Its been beautiful for the last 3 days though. Humidity will return by SUNDAY!!! boooooooo!

If you check out my, "EUREKA" thread. I talk about it. I myself am relaxed, and it works so well for my ends. I have only tried it on them, because that is the thirstiest part of my hair. I am not bunned, but I do wear it in a low ponytail. Actually I don't find it be that thick. The brand that I use is thick in the tin, but you only need a little bit. You rub it in your hands and as it warms it becomes creamy, a little thinner than vaseline. I haven't tried it with straight castor oil yet. I use my castor/coconut oil mix. I put it on at night before bed, and in the morning it feels moisturized, not sticky or greasy. It really does penetrate. I think it would work for wearing the hair down, as long as it is used sparingly.

Cayenne0622 said:

The weather has been great, hasn't it? :)
So, this works on relaxed hair, also?

NappyParadise said:

To whip it is easy, the way I do it is to melt it in a container over boiling water for about 25 minutes. I take it off and pour it into another container that has whatever you are going to mix it with (for you castor oil & fragrance). Mix it good for 5-10 min. It will still be kind of a thick liquid (opaque though) so you just put it in the fridge for about a half hour then take it out and mix it again...it will look like frosting!

How hard it will be depends on how much your proportions, so start with a small amt first to determine if you like the consistency & just reformulate if you need to from there. For a small amt, I would use roughly 2 ounces of shea butter (bout 1/4 cup) then use 1oz (1/8 cup) of castor oil.

Congrats on finding something that works for you!

nurseN98 said:
To whip it is easy, the way I do it is to melt it in a container over boiling water for about 25 minutes. I take it off and pour it into another container that has whatever you are going to mix it with (for you castor oil & fragrance). Mix it good for 5-10 min. It will still be kind of a thick liquid (opaque though) so you just put it in the fridge for about a half hour then take it out and mix it again...it will look like frosting!

How hard it will be depends on how much your proportions, so start with a small amt first to determine if you like the consistency & just reformulate if you need to from there. For a small amt, I would use roughly 2 ounces of shea butter (bout 1/4 cup) then use 1oz (1/8 cup) of castor oil.

Congrats on finding something that works for you!

Thank You so much! I will try that this weekend!

Back