I finally found a regimen that works for me!

Amarech

When I first joined LHCF there were so many to choose from! I have to admit I became frustrated and a little discouraged at times because I couldn't find a regimen that worked for me.

Well, after much experimentation, trial and error, I found out what is best for me and my hair.

First I have decided to start my own Christmas challenge. I call it the Christmas Cycle Challenge. Its a four week cycle of straightening my hair and leaving it curly/wavy with treatments and protective styling in between.

My regimen:

Weekly protein treatment: Paul Mitchell Strength treatment
Daily conditioning: Infusium Smooth and Sleek Conditioner
Protective Styles: Cornrows, flat twists, box braids, bantu knots.

Weeks 1-3: No heat, protective styles, protein treatments and daily conditioning

Week 4: Blow dry and flat iron straight. I use Paul Mitchell "The conditioner" (leave in) sweet almond oil (for shine and sleekness) and BioSilk silk therapy (as a finisher). End the week with protein treatment.

And let me finish by saying that sweet almond oil is AMAZING! I don't think I will ever use olive oil again. SAO is light and doesn't leave my hair as oily as olive did. And my hair is incredibly soft!

I have not tried Almond Oil yet. Are you using it on wet hair before you blow dry or on dry hair before you flat iron?

I'm so glad that you found what works for you. It makes this haircare thing so much easier doesn't it? That sounds like a very balanced and well thought out regimen that you have. I especially like how you mixed things up as far as hair styles. Now you got me thinking about mixing things up a little more with my hair styles. I bet your hair will really thrive on this regimen.

Taij said:
When I first joined LHCF there were so many to choose from! I have to admit I became frustrated and a little discouraged at times because I couldn't find a regimen that worked for me.

Well, after much experimentation, trial and error, I found out what is best for me and my hair.

First I have decided to start my own Christmas challenge. I call it the Christmas Cycle Challenge. Its a four week cycle of straightening my hair and leaving it curly/wavy with treatments and protective styling in between.

My regimen:

Weekly protein treatment: Paul Mitchell Strength treatment
Daily conditioning: Infusium Smooth and Sleek Conditioner
Protective Styles: Cornrows, flat twists, box braids, bantu knots.

Weeks 1-3: No heat, protective styles, protein treatments and daily conditioning

Week 4: Blow dry and flat iron straight. I use Paul Mitchell "The conditioner" (leave in) sweet almond oil (for shine and sleekness) and BioSilk silk therapy (as a finisher). End the week with protein treatment.

And let me finish by saying that sweet almond oil is AMAZING! I don't think I will ever use olive oil again. SAO is light and doesn't leave my hair as oily as olive did. And my hair is incredibly soft!

I'm so happy for you. I can't wait until I'm satisfied with a regimen. Today I went under my counter and pulled everything out and wrote down what I had. Based on what I have, I plan to come up with a improved regimen. P.S. Coconut Oil is wonderful. Its thick in the jar but as soon as you spread it in your hands, it has so much shine its like BLING!

I'm happy that you have found your regimen. I am still trying to develop my own, so I'm still buying and trying something new everday. Where do you get the sweet almond oil? I am adding this to my list of things to try.

I'm glad that you find a regimen for your hair, so whatever your next goal lenght, you'll reach it finely!
I like the balance of your styles too, I'll try this kind of regimen when I'll reach my ultimate goal, now I'm on the Crown & Glory + weave challenge!

Last edited:
Back