I finally did it!!!

You guys, i finally tried henna yesterday!!! Well actually, i did the henna gloss but nonetheless, i did it!! My hair definitely became stronger. When i was combing it out, there was way less breakage than usual cause my hair was extremely weak and i was looking for something to help it. Henna is definitely my answer. BTW, does anyone know how to combat the dryness of it? Even though i did a henna gloss and i used humectress after, it was still dry.

I deep conditioned afterwards, yet my hair felt unusually different. I did a cowash 3dys later. I believe you will have to really moisturize your hair errday to get it back on track..Depending on how dry your hair is..

I told you I was the girl with the dry curl and opted for lotion on the curl and it still was dry..SAWWY:grin:

God's Anointed said:
You guys, i finally tried henna yesterday!!! Well actually, i did the henna gloss but nonetheless, i did it!! My hair definitely became stronger. When i was combing it out, there was way less breakage than usual cause my hair was extremely weak and i was looking for something to help it. Henna is definitely my answer. BTW, does anyone know how to combat the dryness of it? Even though i did a henna gloss and i used humectress after, it was still dry.

This was the same problem I had. I used henna and deep conditioned with Cholesterol. My hair seemed very dry after (10x dryer than normal) I decided not to do another treatment because it didn't seem worth it to me. Some people say that after the first treatment the dryness goes away. It could also be what u mix it with. I mixed mine with cholesterol, tsp of amla oil, and hot water.

I switched to henna glossing and I love it as well. My hair is much stronger than its ever been. I haven't been able to avoid the dryness from the treatment though. I have been nearly saturating my wet hair with coconut oil and it makes a world of a difference.
Good luck to you! ;)

I'm glad it worked for you. I use full strength henna with 2 tlb Proclaim Aloe and Shea Butter and 2 tlb amla oil. I rinse with water then wiht Suave. I use a ORS RP, aloe and shea butter or SE con and I can't keep my hands out of my hair:eek:
If you're having trouble with softness try one of the other 10 cons I know you have:lol:

MissFallon said:
This was the same problem I had. I used henna and deep conditioned with Cholesterol. My hair seemed very dry after (10x dryer than normal) I decided not to do another treatment because it didn't seem worth it to me. Some people say that after the first treatment the dryness goes away. It could also be what u mix it with. I mixed mine with cholesterol, tsp of amla oil, and hot water.

Do NOT:eek: use Cholesterol, it will dry hair out.

When I do my henna mixes and I feel I want extra moisture, I add in extra oil to the point my paste displays oiliness. So I get conditioning and hotoil treatment at the same time.

God's Anointed said:

I'm glad you like it. I've been trying to avoid the henna but I think I'm going to have to try it because the reviews are too good. What did you mix your henna with?

God's Anointed said:

Humectress has protein in it. That's the reason for the dryness. I experienced this when I tried to the Humectress as a leave-in by itself. It left my hair very dry.

Back